Kangaroo Jack on XIXAX?

Started by cine, April 04, 2003, 01:36:14 PM

cine

Okay I don't pay a lot of attention to the xixax.com ad.. but I know theres some great films on there.. "Manhattan" "Raging Bull" "Network".. god, theres no point in listing anymore.. there are so many classic American films, cult films, good current films... every good American film you can think of (and theres even some great foreign films here too).. but the other day... I saw something that shouldn't be associated with ANY of these films... "Kangaroo Jack"
I know it'll likely remain on there.. but I would just like to say that it doesn't belong on the huge list of all the other great/good films. I'm not sure if its on here as well, but a little Pauly Shore wouldn't hurt if we have a stupid kangaroo movie. I hate Shore but he's no kangaroo. At least his films aimed at SOMETHING.. not much.. but SOMETHING.. ANYTHING.
Anyway thats all.

Jeremy Blackman

No, you didn't see anything.

cine

Sorry JB, I must be seeing things.

http://xixax.com/templates/xixmac/images/xixpix/91.jpg">
http://xixax.com/templates/xixmac/images/xixpix/91.jpg

Cecil

yes ive seen a couple of ads that i dont really like either. most notably the jay and silent bob one. but, yknow.... if someone else made them... i dont think we should judge or vote which ads get to be seen and which dont. afterall, we talk about the movies we hate here more than the ones we like so...

Ernie

I always thought it was just a joke. It made me laugh anyway. Just assumed that's what it was suppose to do.

Doesn't Good Burger get the same insincere respect around here?

cine

I guess I just took major offense to a talking kangaroo... come to think of it, I was raised by a talking frog, pig, bear, etc... what was I thinking?

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: CinephileSorry JB, I must be seeing things.

You didn't see anything.

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: ebeaman69Doesn't Good Burger get the same insincere respect around here?

Good question, ask Sphinx about the sincerity of that one...

Duck Sauce

Quote from: ebeaman69I always thought it was just a joke. It made me laugh anyway. Just assumed that's what it was suppose to do.

Doesn't Good Burger get the same insincere respect around here?

It gets more respect in my opinion. Good Burger is a masterpiece.

ProgWRX

i have to admit its kind of wierd seeing the phrase "talk for chinephiles" next to an image from Kangaroo Jack...

:P
-Carlos

cine

Mmmmhmmmm.. bring out the "Freddy Got Fingered" and "Jury Duty"

bonanzataz

Quote from: CinephileMmmmhmmmm.. bring out the "Freddy Got Fingered" and "Jury Duty"

Cinephile just lost a shitload of points in my book.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

AlguienEstolamiPantalones

the Kangaroo Jack logo, to me shows what is great about this site, it shows a sense of humor, a thing a lot of film based websites do not have.

this site would suck if it was only about hipster excepted films

this is a site for people who love films, it shouldnt be a hipster circle jerk where people only name drop preteniouce art films

the next great directer didnt become a film lover because of werner herzog , most likelly it was because of someone like Spielberg
, then as you get older you get into deeper stuff, but you should never give up your love of films like indianna jones or terminator 2

ludovico

i made a freddy got fingered one a couple days ago in the banners thread but i haven't seen any of mine load yet. i know everyone hates that movie, but i actually found some of it funny. most speciifically the scene where this little kid is in the middle of a completely normal looking scene when he trips on the curb and slams his face into the side of Tom's car. it's just a funny scene. i apologize to anyone who has lost all respect for my taste in films. i promise the rest of my banners are good movies.
"I'm successful, right? I mean, I could say to a woman, I'm a screenwriter and she'd look at me differently. I could get laid. But I want someone to like me. For me. Y'know? The way I like them. The way I'd do anything for that woman walking down the street. A million women walking down the street. I don't need to know what their jobs are. No one will ever love me like that. Like I love almost every woman I see."
      - Charlie Kaufman

Join my Mob!

sphinx

we accept all banners of all movies.  don't worry about justifying them.  unless it's a xXx banner.