Hail to the Thief leaked

Started by Dirk, March 30, 2003, 08:28:50 AM

Pubrick

Fuck this i can only get 30sec clips of the songs even from the links JB posted.

DIRK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! or sumone on msn. now plz  :(
under the paving stones.

Dirk

Quotes from Jonny on the message board:

Colin called and said it was up, so thought I'd check I feel bemused, though, not annoyed....I'm glad people like it, most of all. It's a *little* earlier than we'd expected, but there it is. There there it is ! hahahahaha (..) Surprised, and still not used to it happening, even after all these years..... I worry more that stuff we do *won't* get released for whatever obscure reason, and I hate the 3 month gap between finish and release. But not enough to leak it myself !

Heard it, have we? (..) Well Hail is no insult, really...We just like the contradictory phrases like 2+2=5 and Hail to the Thief and all that. We're not angry really....shame it's not a package with the artwork and all, but there you go.

I feel like I'm fishing for praise here...glad you like it. I hope the title makes sense now you've heard the music. I'd better go. Love to all thieves amongst you, see you on tour (more dates coming, oh yes, even maybe in HOMER's new home.....)
At wave level, everything exists as a contradiction. Everything is existing in more than one stage/place at any given moment. Everything must move/vibrate and constantly change to exist. Everything, including buildings, mountains, oceans and thoughts.

Sigur Rós

Dirk

Quote from: Sigur RósHow is the bitrate?

EDIT - I really have no clue actually what bitrate is? If it's referring to the quality of the mp3's, it's 192  :oops:
At wave level, everything exists as a contradiction. Everything is existing in more than one stage/place at any given moment. Everything must move/vibrate and constantly change to exist. Everything, including buildings, mountains, oceans and thoughts.

Jeremy Blackman

Everything seems to be gone now.

I knew that would happen once the studio lackeys got back to work on Monday morning.

Sleuth

This is from greenplastic.com ...

An editor for CMJ magazine posted on the the CMJ Bulletin Boards that he had just received a mastered copy of Hail to the Thief and when he compared it to the leaked mp3s, said this: "oh guys also, i just downloaded the version that's on the net. chicagomike is right, that's not mastered. don't judge the record by that; those are different, unmastered mixes from what appears on the final version of the record. the record sounds a LOT better than that. guess studio security ain't quite what it should be these days."

also

Jonny was asked if he knew if these were mastered tracks: "Don't know yet - I've only downloaded I Will and it's hard to tell. I guess we'll find out today. Well it sounds OK on my iBook speakers... Haven't tried it on headphones... Are there any cross fades?"

What do you think?
I like to hug dogs

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: tremoloslothAre there any cross fades?"

There are cross fades, but I'm not sure about "I Will". I could see it not being the mastered version, but it still sounds pretty good.

And I'm sure the studio appreciates Radiohead's shrugging attitude about this whole thing...

sphinx

read more updates...'pparently there are a lot of differences between mastered/unmastered versions, so hold onto your hats.

somebody give me a link, they're all dead

nevermindifoundit

Sleuth

But how do we know that ours are unmastered.  Maybe it's a marketing ploy

I'm going to buy it anyway, I just don't want to get my hopes up
I like to hug dogs

Pubrick

yeah i'm pretty sure Punch Up At A Wedding has to be unmastered, i mean, come on! u'd think they were making it in their basement. same with a few others.

other than that, best tracks: The Gloaming, Myxomatosis.. and Wolf At the Door.
under the paving stones.

Jeremy Blackman

Yeah, I guess it's probably unmastered... the end of every song is kind of technically messy (the fade outs), with way too much silence. And it sounds like Punch-Up is supposed to link to Myxamatosis, which doesn't really happen.

I'm getting more attached to Myxomatosis & Sit Down. Stand Up.

RegularKarate

My problem with describing what I feel about each song is that once I start track one, I just get sucked in and completely ignore what song/track I'm listening to and just go with it.

A lot of people make fun of the way Thom Yorke shakes around on stage, but when listening to songs like sit down stand up, I couldn't image phyiscally reacting any other way.

I'm glad to hear that the studio version will probably be at least slightly different... makes me feel less like a complete thief.  

can definatly hear some OK Computer here, still not hearing the Bends much though... mainly Amnesiac/OKC.

As is with every Radiohead album I've listened to since the Bends, after listening to it a couple of times, I really want to just go run and tell everyone how fucking great it is and share the experience.

Duck Sauce

Quote from: Film Student

can definatly hear some OK Computer here, still not hearing the Bends much though... mainly Amnesiac/OKC.

No matter how much I listen to the Bends I can never REALLY dig it. Amnesiac and OK Computer are my thing, so if that is what this is sounding like, then good.

Sigur Rós

Quote from: Duck SauceNo matter how much I listen to the Bends I can never REALLY dig it

It's sad but i agree  :cry:

Sleuth

I know it's April Fools and all, but I don't think this newspost was part of www.greenplastic.com 's April Fools Extravaganza

Nigel Godrich showed up on the official Radiohead messageboard ealier ago asking where he could download some of the leaked tracks. Less than an hour later, he came back and had this to say:
Its the rough mixes ....
some tracks not even finished.
aint that a bitch?
Not really what I'd want the world to hear, frankly.
boo.
I like to hug dogs