Xixax Mixtape Exchange

Started by ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ, July 05, 2010, 10:55:50 PM

Stefen

Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Robyn

Songs To Listen To While We Try To Think Of A Good Theme.

Sleepless

I liked the funeral idea. Just haven't gotten around to making mine yet.
He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

Stefen

Do songs for wrenchin' on your pickup. I know Pas would have a good one.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

squints

How bout just a theme for the summer?
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

Pubrick

As long as it's not

Songs for Summer: The Girl I Liked (for 500 Days)
under the paving stones.

Stefen

We can't make summer mix tapes if we don't get any sun.

polkablues

* - note: track 9 is titled "LICK the Pavement," not "LIKE the Pavement".  Carry on.
My house, my rules, my coffee

picolas

okay so it's officially music for a funeral where you crashed a thing?

polkablues

Or else I just made the worst break-up mix ever.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

The way I'm sort of interpreting it:

Funeral mix for your epic yet tragic wake
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Pubrick

great mix! except for the title.

i would like it much more if it was called:

Off of of of of of of of of of of of of of of of of of of of ofofofofofofofofofofofofofofofofofofofofofofofoffffffffffffffffffff

at least it works in context.. i can imagine this is the mixtape for someone whose disregard for his general safety was only matched by his disregard for proper use of words.
under the paving stones.

polkablues

The title is a quote; the "of" was already included. The rocks come with the farm, as they say.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Keep singin, bitch, when I get done with you, you won't have a face!
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

polkablues

So has everyone else given up on this, or...?