all things iPod (buying, using, breaking)

Started by cron, January 15, 2004, 11:48:12 AM

Gold Trumpet

My Ipod broke recently. It's ressurection is as likely as Christ coming back so I have a dilemma: I want to buy another one, but I just want an Ipod that's good for storing and playing music. I see Ipods have developed to do everything but that lately, but what's my best bet for purchase if all I want is something for the music? Thanks.

Stefen

Get a nano or a classic. How many gigs of music do you have?
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Gold Trumpet

Over 8 so I would have to go classic probably. My last nano started to overflow quickly and it just held 8GB

Stefen

The classics are huge. The smallest is I believe 80gb's. You might want to stick with the 16gb Nano for $180 if you're just looking for something that plays music. The new Nano's are pretty cool.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Pas

they have a pretty impressive camera in them too, good quality (better than iPhone I believe)

mogwai

The thing with the Classic, does it drain the battery because it holds so much gigabyte? My first ipod was 20gb and I had to recharge the battery almost every third day. I want to buy a 80 gig or either the latest Nano or Touch. Anyone? Thanks.

Stefen

Only having to recharge every three days is actually pretty good. I have to recharge my iPhone 2 times a day.