Carpet
Evil Sugar
Shit films
PETER JACKSON!
"Shut the fuck up!"

Satcho9

hahahah..i second that!!!

Xixax

You guys are harsh. I loved LOTR 1 and 2, and thought Peter Jackson did a great job all in all.

Opinions are like assholes
Quote from: Pas RapportI don't need a dick in my anus to know I absolutely don't want a dick in my anus.
[/size]

bonanzataz

Quote from: Michael_WilsonOpinions are like assholes

Where the hell have I heard that before?
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

MacGuffin

Quote from: bonanzatazWhere the hell have I heard that before?

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Jeremy Blackman

I thought FOTR was deeply flawed in the character department, and TT had pathetic dialogue, but both are incredibly beautiful, visually.

Tiff

QuotePeter Jackson did a great job all in all.

...for a New Zealander...

How exactly did he do a good job? All I remember of that movie is the countless close-ups of Elijah Wood looking disgusted...at what exactly?!
"Shut the fuck up!"

©brad

I think Peter Jackson is great.

Brett Ratner, on the other hand, is a butt pirate. He's making Superman V? fucking hell....

©brad

Quote from: Tiff
QuotePeter Jackson did a great job all in all.

...for a New Zealander...

How exactly did he do a good job? All I remember of that movie is the countless close-ups of Elijah Wood looking disgusted...at what exactly?!

Good god man, are you out of your mind?

RegularKarate

Some people have a silly problem with Peter Jackson because they don't know who he is.

Dead Alive is one of the best movies of it's kind

and Beautiful Creatures?  Jesus!

Tiff

QuoteSome people have a silly problem with Peter Jackson because they don't know who he is.
I was judging him on his 'efforts' with LOTR. Someone needs to pull this away from him if there's a LOTR3 coming out...
"Shut the fuck up!"

sphinx

Quote from: TiffI was judging him on his 'efforts' with LOTR. Someone needs to pull this away from him if there's a LOTR3 coming out...

please tell me you were aware that they filmed all three movies at the same time.

RegularKarate

Peter Jackson has taken a very dificult task upon himself and done a good job with it.  If you don't like LOTR, you don't like it, but it's not because he's a bad filmmaker.

Gold Trumpet

Heavenly Creatures is a very good film so Jackson is not Brett Ratner who can better name off a few general old movies than show any of the talent applied in those movies. I'm getting bored with the excuse that Jackson is doing the best one can do for the trilogy of the book. Need I remind anyone of the fact to who before this was actually offered to do the trilogy into a movie? Stanley Kubrick, back in 1960s, who happened to have turned it down. Anyone think Jackson's efforts would succeed the potential Kubrick could have brought to it? The point for me is that the film was not even realized in any sort of way and instead of trying to bring the themes forth, it tried to bring the narrative which is not a very important thing for adapting books to movies. Sometimes the feeling of what was in the book can be even sweeter than just trying to adapt it line by line or plot point by plot point or whatever shit term someone has made up. Lord of The Rings has been made into a series of movies for the justification of creating a lifeless action movie and nothing else.

~rougerum

Jon

Apperently Brett Ratner is not going to direct Supe anymore, he'll probably do Rush Hour 3, which he was set uo to do before he signed for Supe.

I like his films, even though they're pretty much just crowd pleasers, and I think the guy's got a huge head, always bragging how Speilberg gave him money for his short, and of course who can forget the comment about how he reckognized every homage in Boogie Nights.

Yes. All you had to do was watch the commentary track.

He's a hack, but God help me I like him.