What Did You Think Of Matrix Revolutions?

Started by Cathartic Cleansing, October 15, 2003, 01:11:30 PM

godardian

Quote from: ShanghaiOrangeIMO:

The Wachamacallit brothers pulled a Lucas. :(

That is the harshest possible criticism... but the dialogue definitely wasn't stellar. However, I saw it yesterday evening after seeing Party Monster, the awful dialogue of which could make almost any other screenwriter's written words sound like Woody fucking Allen.
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

edison

Funny how at the start they are asking where Jada and Ghost are: well, they are being the stars of the game Enter the Matrix you fool. It will certainly be very nice when they release the films with the option to go to the stories that continued in the game.

hey Anachronism, what are you talking about by saying "unborn child," whoever said that Trin was pregnant?

Sleuth

To redlum, I believe, who didn't understand why the machines would want peace, I suggest you watch the Animatrix.  

I didn't go into the movie with any more expectation than that I would finally be seeing a conclusion, and I got that sort of.  At some point during the movie, I was kind of exhausted with this whole Matrix business, and I don't think I'll be rewatching it or any of the other ones (as long as I have to pay).  Seeing the real sky was fantastic, that was probably my favorite part as well.  The bad dialogue in Reloaded was bad because it was cheesy, the bad dialogue in Rev. was because it was so cliche.  

Not enough Persephone or Seraph...

I thought it was funny that almost everyone groaned when they saw the Architect.

I think the whole business with Band burning Neo's face was done awkardly...

I guess that's it for now, I did like the movie though.

I like to hug dogs

edison

did anyone else notice that Fishburn looked pretty fat.

Ghostboy

Yeah, in fact, during one scene I was trying to figure out if he did Mystic River before or after this, because he seemed a little more fit in that. Maybe because he was wearing a suit.

I guess he didn't do as much training this time around.

I was thinking today about how the ending would have been even cooler if Gloria Foster hadn't died.

modage

Quote from: GhostboyI was thinking today about how the ending would have been even cooler if Gloria Foster hadn't died.

i'll bet gloria foster would've liked that too.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

©brad

the wachowskis have out done themselves. and it really can't be all put on them. think of the thousands, yes, thousands of ppl that worked on this film-- god bless them all.

i really don't know where to begin here.

well, first off, i have no complaints about the dialogue. it seems to be the major beef ppl r having. why? i actually thought there were sum really good lines (trinity: i don't have time for this shit)

the movie is sad. sad sad sad. ppl were crying during the showing i went to. neo's goodbye to morpheus, trinity's last speech i also found the movie, in particular the last half, pretty scary.

i don't know. we could go on and on about the little things later. in thinking about the big picture here, i couldn't be more pleased w/ it. few films, if any, offer what this trilogy has. few films r as exciting, thought-provoking, moving, profound, mind-boggling-- it's film history in the making folks. i'm glad i was around to see it.

Sleuth

Yes, I did like a lot of the dialogue, but then there's also things like

You did it!

No...we did it.
I like to hug dogs

©brad

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Nothing except it redefines cliche.

You'd think a movie like the matrix would try to not have dialouge from an after-school Disney movie.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Banky

i just saw it again.  I know, twice in one day, but i really liked it.  I really felt emotional when Morpheus and Neo said goodbye and when Trin died.  There were a few lines that made me kinda cringe ill admit but i was expecting that.  All three movies have a couple of bad ones.  When Niobe says thatnkyou to Neo i was speechless.  Im so glad i connected with this movie and it seems like few of us really did.  Cbrad does and i think we feel pretty similar.  It was just fucking awsome.  I agree about GF would have been better but what are you gonna do?  The sunset was really a great symbol.  When the little girl asks will we see Neo again and she said she thinks so i think that implies that this whole thing will happen over again eventually.  What do you think about that?

Sleuth

spoilers in response to Banky

I don't know if I like the idea of the feud eventually getting so out of hand that it comes back to this again.  You know what, I don't.  I wish he was the last Neo.  I know humans and machines will probably fight again later, but why would it come back to this again now that they've reached this milestone?
I like to hug dogs

Banky

no i mean i dont know what she meant by it.  How else would she "suspect" to see him again?  I hope that it never happens again.

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: ShangaiOrangeListen to the dialogue: every third line is a question.

NEO:  if life becomes the matrix then we are existential before the matrix evolves

MORPHEOUS:  but thou golden rage equate feelings for kinship shatterin gthe soul of modern times which canot procreate life before the macabre existense

TRINITY:  but will the equilibrium via a placebo comprehend the machina?????

NEO: Whoa!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*deleted  dialog from the matrix revolutions.....
:wink:

MacGuffin

Okay, first off before my review, a little ancedote:

So, I'm in the theater, with a great center seat, and not too big of a crowd. It starts, and I get excited hearing Don Davis's score. The movie goes on and I'm into it (I think I'm the only one laughing and getting references - When The Arcitect is mentioned, The Orale says "Please" just like he said in reference to her). Anyway, the crew it getting their plan together and get into their ships. Niobe is piloting hers so quietly to not disturb the Sentinels, then she does....and then the fucking film breaks!!! Sonofabitch!!!!! We wait until they fix it, and as they do, I'm hearing "Let's just go." I'm so over The Matrix now." "It was boring." I'm not surprised since I seem to be the only true fan in there. Anyway, instead of fixing the film, they either refund us or let us see the next showing. You bet your ass I'm at the next theater because I have yet to see the attack on Zion and the Neo/Smith fight. So, on to the review:

*SPOILERS*

I really enjoyed it. I got so emotional. I knew the characters wouldn't be seeing each other, and got misty-eyed when Morpheus and Neo said goodbye. And then I lost it when Trinity passed. But this movie was a fitting end to the series and the characters. I would rank the films in order of their release, since this film was more answers to the thought-provoking questions of "Reloaded" (although I do have some theories about the little girl, Sati. I think she is the next "One" or even more powerful, since she started off having no 'purpose'. I think the ending gave her one - all the powers of The Matrix, I believe.). But I enjoyed the jaw-dropping attack on Zion, the Hell Club fight and the Neo/Smith showdown (although I was tipped off of how it would end because Smith made a huge point that The Oracle wasn't resisting). But it was the best way to balance themselves since they were opposites - Neo leapt into Smith in "The Matrix" ("Something inprinted onto me..."), and Smith into Neo for this one. I'm sure I'll think of more theroies and thoughts as more discussion comes about and as I see it again, but I was very happy and completely satisfied with a great film trilogy.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks