TooL/A PERFECT CIRCLE

Started by NEON MERCURY, June 25, 2003, 10:17:49 PM

Sleuth

Tapeworm was scrapped, I think Trent said so in one of the Q&A posts he's doing on www.nin.com
I like to hug dogs

Gamblour.

How has no one mentioned Fiddle and the Drum? That is song is fucking incredible.
WWPTAD?

RegularKarate

Yeah, Joni Mitchell is great

jtm

Tool's Maynard James Keenan Says He's Found Jesus
04.05.2005 5:32 PM EDT

Status of Tool, A Perfect Circle unclear.

Has Maynard James Keenan, the frontman of both the dark, heavy-metal art band Tool and the somewhat lighter A Perfect Circle, found Jesus and been born again? Well ...

Recent postings on two Tool Web sites — one of them purportedly by

Keenan himself — contend that the singer has found religion and has left Tool. Could this really be? On Tuesday afternoon (April 5), MTV News' Kurt Loder e-mailed Keenan for confirmation, and this is what he e-mailed back: "I did, in fact, find Jesus. More news to follow. God bless ya."

Keenan's letter to fan site toolshed.down.net explains that "some recent events have led me to the rediscovery of Jesus" and that "Tool will need to take the back seat." A posting on Tool's Web site alludes to Maynard's newfound Christianity as well, but who wrote the post is unclear. It reads, "I went to the studio to give Maynard a bottle of wine ... [and] not only wasn't Maynard there, but ... I was told Maynard has indeed 'found Jesus' and that, for this reason, he's abandoned the project for the time being, if not entirely."

But given their timing (one dated March 31, the other April 1), both posts were dismissed as April Fools' pranks, leaving fans wondering whether Keenan and the rest of Tool were just having a little fun with everyone.

The band's management could not be reached for comment or confirmation on the matter.

Keenan would be the second rocker in as many months to profess a renewed interest in religion. In late February, Korn's management formally announced that guitarist Brian "Head" Welch was leaving his band to rededicate his life to Christianity (see "Brian 'Head' Welch Talks God To 10,000 In California Church").

Whether Keenan — the man responsible for songs like "Prison Sex" and "Jerk-Off" and who for a time carried business cards with the name "Jesus H. Christ" printed on them — will become the second rocker to turn his back on a high-profile, highly successful band to follow a more spiritual path remains something of a question mark for the time being. But at least one person expressed glee over Keenan's apparent decision: Head.

"This is a beautiful, beautiful outpouring of the Holy Spirit," Welch wrote in an e-mail to MTV News.

— Chris Harris

Sigur Rós

I heard about this. I really hope this is just one big joke!

Gamblour.

Yeah, I read this on their website. But there's no way it can be true. I don't care as long as they release the new album.
WWPTAD?

socketlevel

the april fools joke has been something that's been going on for years on toolshed, it's become something that everyone knows will happen and can't wait to hear the next years installment.  it was a notorious thing back in the day, sotry goes that empty-v (MTV) picked up the toolshed april fools joke about maynard dying or something and ran it as truth.  it gave the site some exposure and now we all know and love the bullshit.  just enjoy seeing what the webmaster kabir will come up with the next time it rolls around to the month of april.

-sl-
the one last hit that spent you...

Sleuth

Maynard is loving all of this, I don't expect to hear a clarification or anything else from them until the new album comes out.  Way to go fools, you came through again! :yabbse-thumbup:  :yabbse-grin:
I like to hug dogs

NEON MERCURY

TOOL: 10,000 days

MAY 2, 2006 

:multi:

polkablues

:shock:

I just peed a little.

Holy lord, that's the best news I've heard all year.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Gamblour.

That cover is an LSD dream. I too am fucking excited beyond belief. This will be the first time I've gotten to anticipate one of their albums coming out, because I only got into them after Lateralus, but that was like 5 years ago.
WWPTAD?

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

I have a warning regarding the next Tool album...

http://www.drummerworld.com/drummers/Danny_Carey.html

QuoteDespite not becoming a Mason or aligning himself with any other school of religion, Danny has maintained his heritages interest in occult studies. Endeavors into this realm have manifested periodically, such as the time he achieved insight into a hidden aspect of the unicursal hexagram utilizing an astral journey initiated through meditation and DMT.

Danny then set up his drums into proportions utilizing the circle and square of the New Jerusalem and uttered a short prayer relating to the principles of the ace of swords from the book of Thoth. He then performed a ritual utilizing his new found knowledge of the unicursal hexagram to generate a pattern of movement in space relating to Fuller's vector equilibrium model. The resulting rhythm and gateway summoned a daemon he has contained within "the Lodge" that has been delivering short parables similar to passages within the Book of Lies. Danny recommends as a device of protection and containment a thorough study and utilization of the underlying geometry of the Temple of Solomon for anyone purchasing their next record.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

squints

Quote from: Walrus on March 30, 2006, 03:50:38 PM
I have a warning regarding the next Tool album...

http://www.drummerworld.com/drummers/Danny_Carey.html

Quotesuch as the time he achieved insight into a hidden aspect of the unicursal hexagram utilizing an astral journey initiated through meditation and DMT.

DMT? of course you're going to achieve insight into a hidden aspect of the unicusal hexagram utilizing an astral journey initiated through meditation when you're trippin you're balls off..unless he's talking about a Digital Monetary Trust..which i assume he's not...
Dimethyltryptamine - a tryptamine, theorized to be secreted by the pineal gland seems more up Danny's way.

"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

Pubrick

Quote from: squints on March 30, 2006, 07:53:26 PM
DMT? of course you're going to achieve insight into a hidden aspect of the unicusal hexagram utilizing an astral journey initiated through meditation when you're trippin you're balls off..unless he's talking about a Digital Monetary Trust..which i assume he's not...
Dimethyltryptamine - a tryptamine, theorized to be secreted by the pineal gland seems more up Danny's way.
dictionary.com would've served you better if you were looking for a cut-and-paste defintion of DMT.

i thought tool were dead. it's hard to tell with all the lore and symbology.

now to figure out what this new title/artwork means..

under the paving stones.

Quote from: Pubrick on March 31, 2006, 06:10:34 AM

now to figure out what this new title/artwork means..

i think it has to do something with jimi hendrix, jim morrison and jim henson.

by the way i don't like that artwork. i kind of never want to see another painted eye again.
context, context, context.