Dogville Trailer

Started by Sigur Rós, May 03, 2003, 06:10:07 AM

MacGuffin

Quote from: _|P|_ELEPHANT by Gus van Sant, good title, don't know shit else about it tho.

Quote from: GhostboyI don't know anything about Elephant, but Van Sant redeemed himself (from Finding Forrester and to an extent Good Will Hunting) with Gerry, so I'm down for that.

Release Date: TBA 2003/2004

Release Date Note: There is a very strong chance that this film will most likely going direct-to-video, since it was produced for HBO. That prestige channel does, however, have a recent history of having a few of their movies picked up for theatrical release, like Real Women Have Curves, so there is still a chance (especially if it's a big hit at Cannes). MK2 has already picked this movie up for a theatrical release in France, for example.

Cast: Eric Deulen (Eric), Alex Frost (Alex), John Robinson (John), Timothy Bottoms (Mr. McFarland), Elias McConnell (Eli), Matt Malloy (Mr. Luce). With the exception of Timothy Bottoms and Matt Malloy (In the Company of Men), most of this movie's cast is made up of young unknowns from the Portland, Oregon area who have no prior film experience.

Premise: This is the story of a group of teenage boys on an ordinary day, attending high school in Portland, Oregon until something extremely violent happens (think "Columbine") and it *might* also be connnected somehow to homophobia (which might make the movie closer to the Matthew Shephard story than Columbine). (Bottoms plays a teacher; Malloy plays a father.) The bulk of this movie's dialogue was improvised, as there was no complete script.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

bonanzataz

WOW! that's a great cast.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

The Silver Bullet

QuoteWeird seeing Phillip Baker Hall in a non-PTA ensemble.
See The Talented Mr. Ripley again. Unless seeing Phil Hoffman in a non-PTA enemble is just way too much for you.
RABBIT n. pl. rab·bits or rabbit[list=1]
  • Any of various long-eared, short-tailed, burrowing mammals of the family Leporidae.
  • A hare.
    [/list:o][/size]

bonanzataz

Quote from: The Silver Bullet
QuoteWeird seeing Phillip Baker Hall in a non-PTA ensemble.
See The Talented Mr. Ripley again. Unless seeing Phil Hoffman in a non-PTA enemble is just way too much for you.

it's ok, i've made the same mistake at least once.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

rustinglass

check this out

http://www.canalplus.fr/animation/video/SmilCall.asp?ASSET_ID=[\QSPU&AvecEvent=1&Emission=salle&dspDate=0

The film isn't the least bit what I thought it was going to be.
very original!
"In Serbia a lot of people hate me because they want to westernise, not understanding that the western world is bipolar, with very good things and very bad things. Since they don't have experience of the west, they even believe that western shit is pie."
-Emir Kusturica

Pedro

This movie is going to be great.

MacGuffin

Von Trier's Dogville Heads to Lions Gate
Source: Variety

Lions Gate Films has acquired North American distribution rights to Lars von Trier's Dogville, starring Nicole Kidman. The studio beat rival bids from Paramount Classics, United Artists, Miramax and Artisan.

The film is the first Cannes competition entry nabbed for U.S. distribution during the festival. Australian drama Japanese Story sold Wednesday to Samuel Goldwyn Films for North America. Lions Gate and other bidders are also believed to be involved in negotiations for British film Young Adam.

The film also stars Paul Bettany, Lauren Bacall, Chloe Sevigny, Patricia Clarkson, Ben Gazzara, Philip Baker Hall, Stellan Skarsgard, Jeremy Davies, Harriet Anderson, Blair Brown and James Caan.

Unfolding on a bare soundstage with minimal props and scenery and told in nine chapters and a prologue, the story centers on a beautiful fugitive, played by Kidman, who seeks shelter in an isolated Rocky Mountains town-ship during the Depression. The demands of the locals in exchange for harboring her gradually spiral out of control, with devastating results.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

phil marlowe

i fanally saw dogville tonight and i'm still sinking it. i'm not done thinking yet but i have to say that the set and the structure and all worked brilliant.

i have a feeling that this, after multiple viewings, could turn out as my favourite trier film so EVERYONE should see this. man.

ono

Not excited about any films from Cannes?  Well, there's always Mystic River.  Clint Eastwood.  Tim Robbins!  Roger Ebert raved about this film -- well, raved compared to the other films there -- so count me excited about this one.  :)

EDIT: Also starring: Sean Penn, Kevin Bacon, Laurence Fishburne, Marcia Gay Harden, Laura Linney and more...

Ghostboy

Yes, but -- it's Von Trier!

I finally saw the trailer for Swimming Pool the other night. It looks fun. Good, smokingly sexy jailbait fun.

MacGuffin

Quote from: GhostboyI finally saw the trailer for Swimming Pool the other night. It looks fun. Good, smokingly sexy jailbait fun.

Ummm... P posted it on page one a while back. The picture must have distracted you.

Skeleton FilmWorks

Ghostboy

I never got around to downloading the trailer...it wasn't because of the picture, although it DID distract me, as I'm sure it did everyone else who happened upon it...

MacGuffin

No Dogville Follow-Up for Nicole Kidman
Source: Variety

Nicole Kidman has dropped out of Lars von Trier's Manderlay, the second movie in the planned "U.S.A." trilogy that kicked off with this year's Cannes entry Dogville.

Her exit was caused by a scheduling conflict. The second film is on a tight timetable to finish shooting by July 2004, but Kidman is not available until the following fall.

The role of Grace in the "U.S.A" trilogy will now be played by three different actresses across the three movies.

Manderlay, which will reportedly deal with slavery in the American South, is expected to use the same challenging production techniques as the first film. The third picture in the trilogy will be titled Wasington.

Skeleton FilmWorks

Pubrick

yeah, hell yeah.

LvT is gonna stick it to the man so good.
under the paving stones.

rustinglass

Well, there were three different actresses in his last trilogy, but goddam, this is the same role.

What will she do instead of this?
"In Serbia a lot of people hate me because they want to westernise, not understanding that the western world is bipolar, with very good things and very bad things. Since they don't have experience of the west, they even believe that western shit is pie."
-Emir Kusturica