Dogville Trailer

Started by Sigur Rós, May 03, 2003, 06:10:07 AM

Sigur Rós

phil marlowe

that trailer is dope. i was really disapointed by all that 'this is a film by a mad genius' shit. im starting to look at trier as some sort of fabricated image. it made me wanna watch it though.

Sigur Rós

Quote from: Phil Marlowethat trailer is dope. i was really disapointed by all that 'this is a film by a mad genius' shit. im starting to look at trier as some sort of fabricated image. it made me wanna watch it though.

You are rite! The trailer is dope!

Ernie

That's pretty damn cool...I hope this comes to my town. I've always wanted to see a Von Trier film, I got DandcerITHD on tape somewhere.

This and The Brown Bunny are the only interesting films at Cannes this year :cry:

Ghostboy

There are TONS of interesting films at Cannes this year, actually...those those are just two of the few that are in English with American actors.

I thought I had already started a thread on this...but then realized I just mentioned it on the Von Trier thread. I think the trailer is awesome, but if you're a Von Trier hater, this won't make you like him anymore. He offers a nice dose of his ego in the trailer.

cowboykurtis

i guess the trailer is "interesing". however its not very intriguing -- doesnt leave me dying to see the film. id like to get some idea of what the story is -- unless thats just a teaser -- in that case, it would be an apt tease.
...your excuses are your own...

cowboykurtis

is there a brown bunny trailer out there? -- im really looking forward to this... vincent gallo is a cocky bastard -- nevertheless i enjoyed buffalo 66. when press was going around at the festivals for buffalo 66, i heard that interview with gallo: saying that buffalo 66 was the most important film since citizen kane -- this made me want to hate the film so much -- however i enjoyed. that statement could have just been a concious attempt to stir up a media frenzy... who the fuck knows, who the fuck really cares. anyway im looking forward to brown bunny.

Ernie

Quote from: GhostboyThere are TONS of interesting films at Cannes this year, actually...those those are just two of the few that are in English with American actors.

I thought I had already started a thread on this...but then realized I just mentioned it on the Von Trier thread. I think the trailer is awesome, but if you're a Von Trier hater, this won't make you like him anymore. He offers a nice dose of his ego in the trailer.

Which other ones caught your eye man? Just wondering...I've been hoping I overlooked some of the cool films at Cannes this year, there has to be more than 2...I mean, it's Cannes for christ's sake!

But I shouldn't complain, The Brown Bunny is enough on its own. I fucking love Buffalo 66, Vincent Gallo is great. I'd love to see a trailer for it if anybody can find one, I'll second cowboy kurtis' request.

Pubrick

Quote from: ebeaman69Which other ones caught your eye?

if i was there i'd definitely wanna see these:

A CINQ HEURES DE L'APRÈS-MIDI (At Five in the Afternoon) by Samira Makhmalbaf, daughter of Moshen Makhmalbaf.. interesting iranian filmmaker.

CARANDIRU by Hector Babenco, i think his first film in 7 years, about a rebellion in the largest prison in south america.. and anyone who's seen Pixote('81) knows this dude is sumthin else.

CE JOUR-LÀ  by Raoul Ruiz, probably won't be as good as Three Lives and One Death, but i'll still check it out eventually.

DOGVILLE  by Lars von Trier, well duh.

ELEPHANT by Gus van Sant, good title, don't know shit else about it tho.

PÈRE ET FILS (Father and Son) by Alexandre Sokurov.. russian ark, now a father/son movie. could be good.

THE TULSE LUPER SUITCASES, PART I. THE MOAB STORY by Peter Greenaway. i havn't liked anything greenaway has done since The Pillow Book, but he's about due for a comeback. also he always shows plenty of nipple.

SWIMMING POOL by François Ozon, he's the best thing that not enuff ppl talk about. the trailer is hot. and with him using ludivine sagnier again this is easily my most anticipated of the bunch.

yes please.

so u see ebeaman, there's plenty of potentially good shit at cannes this year.
under the paving stones.

Sigur Rós

Quote from: cowboykurtisi guess the trailer is "interesing". however its not very intriguing -- doesnt leave me dying to see the film. id like to get some idea of what the story is -- unless thats just a teaser -- in that case, it would be an apt tease.

It is a teaser.

cowboykurtis

Quote from: Sigur Rós
Quote from: cowboykurtisi guess the trailer is "interesing". however its not very intriguing -- doesnt leave me dying to see the film. id like to get some idea of what the story is -- unless thats just a teaser -- in that case, it would be an apt tease.

It is a teaser.

consider me teased

Ghostboy

Wow. Hadn't seen that picture. Ludivine Sagnier certainly has....matured...since 'Eight Women.'

Anyway, anything by Ozon and Greenway are always must-sees. Greenaway has been talking about that Tulse Luper Suitcase series for years, it's great to finally see it come to fruition.

I don't know anything about Elephant, but Van Sant redeemed himself (from Finding Forrester and to an extent Good Will Hunting) with Gerry, so I'm down for that.

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Duck Sauce

I actually wasnt very impressed by this trailer, maybe because I wanted more actual movie or maybe because you guys all hyped the trailer up so much.

Either way its still your guy's fault

MrBurgerKing

Weird seeing Phillip Baker Hall in a non-PTA ensemble.

For some reason, I really want to see DogVille while chowing down a cheeseburger.