another matrix thread (hot potato)

Started by sphinx, March 18, 2003, 06:31:10 PM

sphinx

sorry rk.  that makes me feel really guilty

MrBurgerKing

Nah, don't feel bad about it.. You can at least wake up everyday and immediately smile at the fact that you're not Jon Mulvaney.

MacGuffin

Stay away from this:

Haven't read it, but heard that it gives everything away.

I'm staying in a Matrix-free prison until I see it.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

sphinx

sphinx read it in a barbershop accidentally.  it pretty much gives away everything except the ending of the movie.

Gold Trumpet

I read the article in Time. You can get a lot of info of the story behind the Matrix without getting blindsided by any spoilers. Actually, the spoiler portion of the article is clearly labeled and I just skipped over it. Good read though. I'm not sure what to think of the bad reviews coming from the Matrix. On one hand, they could be right but on the other hand, they could have made the mistake of taking the first one serious. I couldn't take it serious. It was pure action that was bullshitting on any potential of drama.

~rougerum

Jeremy Blackman

Remember when someone leaked a spoiler that Barry dies at the end of PDL, and we all believed it? Those were the days.

Dirk

Quote from: Jeremy BlackmanRemember when someone leaked a spoiler that Barry dies at the end of PDL, and we all believed it? Those were the days.

That was Officer Jim Kurring. I miss him  :yabbse-cry:
At wave level, everything exists as a contradiction. Everything is existing in more than one stage/place at any given moment. Everything must move/vibrate and constantly change to exist. Everything, including buildings, mountains, oceans and thoughts.

MacGuffin

Just a reminder for all going to see it:

Stay after the end credits to see the trailer for "Matrix Revolutions"
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Sal

Quote from: The Gold TrumpetOn one hand, they could be right but on the other hand, they could have made the mistake of taking the first one serious. I couldn't take it serious. It was pure action that was bullshitting on any potential of drama.

~rougerum

I agree.  It seemed more spectacle than anything else, and when I heard people raving about the plot and the characters in retrospect, it was a bit incredulous.  I still don't find that the first film attains anything much higher than great action and pacing, despite its philosophical quandaries.

sphinx

Quote from: MacGuffinStay after the end credits to see the trailer for "Matrix Revolutions"

it's already online and it kicks ass.  to me, it looks better than any of the reloaded stuff combined.  i'm really looking forward to it.  it's also much more green

sphinx

picolas

Quote from: sphinx

= :yabbse-cheesy: x :shock: .

what player are you using, there?

Victor

are you gonna eat with us too?

godardian

""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

sphinx

major spoilers for the rest of the trilogy[/color][/size]

it's a few months until the next matrix trailer, but here's some peculiar information to hold your interest

the matrix online is a massive multiplayer rpg being released next year that is set in the matrix, and in the FAQ section a question is asked

'When does the game take place?'
The Matrix Online timeline takes place after The Matrix Revolutions, the third Matrix movie, currently scheduled to be released in November 2003.

does this mean that the matrix will still exist after the third movie?  oooooh

spoilers have ended[/color][/size]