PTA's New Short Film "Couch"

Started by depooter, May 05, 2003, 12:27:29 PM

BrainSushi

Quote from: children with angels
Quote from: BrainSushi
Quote from: Brock Landersthat was great!!!

I loved the bit where he grabbed onto the helicopter at the end.

What the fuck? I didn't see him grab a helicopter at the end.

When I download it, it just ends with him screaming, he seems to put his legs down, and it cuts to black with a fart sound. Is part of the movie missing when I download it?? I don't want to be missing a frame of this funny stuff.

Reference to Rusmore, dude, reference to Rushmore.

Oh. Okay, I gotchas. Totally improvised.

modage

holy shit. i just saw COUCH on COMEDY CENTRAL.  and then i shit my pants.

i thought it was being saved for some sort of Robert Smigel special.  why werent we alerted of this?!? apparently some special fundraiser for autism called THE NIGHT OF TOO MANY STARS (which got like zero publicity by Comedy Central), just showed it.

Night of Too Many Stars (ep#1958) [cc]  
Adam Sandler, Lisa Kudrow, Jack Black, Tina Fey, Jimmy Fallon and too many more gather for an all-star night of sketch, stand-up and song in support of The Autism Coalition.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

modage

according to the schedule it looks like theyll show it again 6/15 and 6/17 at 8pm.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

MacGuffin

Quote from: themodernage02why werent we alerted of this?!?

Quote from: shnorff, on Tues. May 20thPs the show is called "Night Of Too Many Stars" and its on saturday night May 31st

Peace
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

modage

oops.  guess i shouldve read through every post.  its still odd there wasnt any notice on gregs site or any sort of ads being run on tv.

Keener

Quote from: themodernage02THE NIGHT OF TOO MANY STARS (which got like zero publicity by Comedy Central),

You obviously don't watch Comedy Central that much cause they ran spots for it every comercial break.

And I enjoyed it.
Alabama Film Forum
Uniting film lovers and filmmakers of Alabama

RegularKarate

Yeah, too bad about that night of too many stars.

So many people who can be funny just not really putting much effort into it.

The best was the end with Lou Reed, Jack Black, Dana Carvey, Adam Sandler, and Jimmy Falon all singing Walk on the Wild Side.

Sleuth

Quote from: RegularKarateYeah, too bad about that night of too many stars.

So many people who can be funny just not really putting much effort into it.

The best was the end with Lou Reed, Jack Black, Dana Carvey, Adam Sandler, and Jimmy Falon all singing Walk on the Wild Side.

and Conan
I like to hug dogs

Keener

It was decent for a charity show. I enjoyed the celebrity bag footage. Clinton and OJ jokes just aren't funny anymore though.
Alabama Film Forum
Uniting film lovers and filmmakers of Alabama

Fernando

Already listed on imdb with a bad review I might add.

http://us.imdb.com/Title?0365082

neatahwanta

Finally saw it tonight on Comedy Central...VERY FUNNY!  Paul has a knack for using actors for what they're good at....putting them in the right spots.  A good 5 more minutes worth of the same kind of gags would have worked for me.  Its good to see that Paul doesn't take movie making *so* seriously 24/7....that he's still fucking around with stupid ideas as a goof.