Django Unchained

Started by MacGuffin, March 27, 2011, 10:14:40 PM

I am Schmi

First trailer will supposedly air with Prometheus. Going to the midnight showing now, just for the trailer.

http://collider.com/django-unchained-trailer-prometheus/168914/

Jeremy Blackman

Wow, it really is a Western...

Pubrick

Quote from: Jeremy Blackman on May 28, 2012, 05:23:11 PM
Wow, it really is a Western...

No, remember, it's a Southern.. (qt really wants to make that a thing).
under the paving stones.

Robyn

Django Unchained Emerging Artist Contest

Inspire legendary director and producer Quentin Tarantino in the Django Unchained Emerging Artist Contest, which starts June 15 and ends June 30.

The contest gives you a chance to create an original multimedia piece, whether it's poster art, a funny .gif or a short film. All submissions will be viewed and judged by the master himself.

The winner will get a chance to meet Quentin Tarantino at this year's Comic Con in San Diego, where the winner and a guest will be flown to the convention and invited to attend the "Django Unchained" panel -- as well as hear firsthand why Quentin picked the winning piece.

There are some guidelines for creating a short film:

Needs to be a maximum of 3 minutes in length
Include footage from either the official "Django Unchained" trailer or one of Quentin's three favorite spaghetti westerns that helped influence the making of the film Django Unchained, all of which will be available for download on June 15.
Use one track from Red Bull Records artists AWOLNATION, Twin Atlantic or Innerpartysystem as part of the soundtrack for the piece, which will also be available for download on June 15.
Be sure to check back to the site in the following weeks to see exclusive footage from the film, learn about what inspired Quentin to make "Django Unchained" and get advice from the master.

http://django.redbullusa.com/

Robyn

pete

what's up with di caprio never been able to do accents?
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Pubrick

Blood on the cotton was cool.

Might be the first good QT in 16 years.
under the paving stones.

O.

For those who missed it.
superb

BB

Quote from: Pubrick on June 06, 2012, 05:59:53 PM
Might be the first good QT in 16 years.

I think you mean 15 years. Unless you mean From Dusk Til Dawn.  :shock:

But yeah, trailer looks good. I am henceforth cautiously optimistic about this one.

Jeremy Blackman

I was sold on this movie when I heard the concept. Not the greatest trailer, but I'm still in.

I'm very satisfied with Jamie Foxx's vibe. Thank God he's not goofy or something. I hope he never smiles in the entire movie.

Pozer

johnny cash in western trailer. coens did it.

halfdrunk but looks inglourious at best.

p, a more masterful teaser is pending for your attention here/url]

tried to link total recall thread in there like nine times^

edit; youve commented in there already. chrissakes, pubs. i got one more bottle of zinf to go,lets see some master p.

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

The Ultimate Badass

This looks like an utterly boring retread of a hundred (a thousand?) other movies. I don't care how many anachronistic proto-funk tracks you shoehorn into the soundtrack. We've seen it before.