Let the flaming begin

Started by Weak2ndAct, May 01, 2003, 01:29:37 AM

Weak2ndAct

Just stumbled upon this site and figured I should should start getting ridiculed right off the bat.
So: question for y'all.  I have heard from 3 sources that worked on PDL that there was a whole deleted storyline that Lena was in fact an alien of all things, sets were built and scrapped, and scenes reshot.  I didn't give it much credence, but after seeing moon landings pop up on the tv in the phone sex girl's office and Lena's apartment (during Blossoms and Blood/"Here We Go") I had second thoughts.  
Has anyone else heard anything to confirm/deny?  Curious.

The Silver Bullet

:shock:

You're actually asking us this?
RABBIT n. pl. rab·bits or rabbit[list=1]
  • Any of various long-eared, short-tailed, burrowing mammals of the family Leporidae.
  • A hare.
    [/list:o][/size]

Weak2ndAct

Why not?  Like I said, I've heard it from several people.

Victor

no, there's some level of truth to it, ptahas said in interviews that he wanted lena to seem like an alien creature, because shes so new to barry's world. as for her actually BEING an alien and having special sets built to show that, i dont know, i dont think so.
are you gonna eat with us too?

chainsmoking insomniac

"Ernest Hemingway once wrote: 'The world's a fine place, and worth fighting for.'  I agree with the second part."
    --Morgan Freeman, Se7en

"Have you ever fucking seen that...? Ever seen a mistake in nature?  Have you ever seen an animal make a mistake?"
 --Paul Schneider, All the Real Girls

Cecil

that wouldve been... uhhhhh....

SoNowThen

Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

MacGuffin

Quote from: MImagine the grande finale when Lena has to return home to her own planet......................?

"Be good, Barry."

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Duck Sauce

Yeah, there are tons of things that hint at it, I dont remember if its this board of the PTA board but there was a topic with tons of info and theories about this, im sure if it still exists Mac could find it.

Sigur Rós

Seriously, is all this a big joke? It's sound far out!

Weak2ndAct

I'm totally serious, I'm not one for making up bogus rumors and starting nonsense discussions.  I heard it from two unrelated people, then got the skinny from a source so close to PTA it's not funny.

Next time you watch the movie, just look for the signs.  It's very strange (and quite honestly, I'm glad it didn't happen).

Duck Sauce

Quote from: Weak2ndActI heard it from two unrelated people, then got the skinny from a source so close to PTA it's not funny.

were these three sources found on the internet, or maybe even xixax.com?

RegularKarate

Or even better yet, were these sources brothers?

Weak2ndAct

No, they're real people.  One on set, one in post, and one in the office.

chainsmoking insomniac

The sick part is is that a part of me, for some unknown, unGODLY reason, might believe you.
But God, it's fucking....weird. REally fucking weird.  What was he thinking? Thank god he didn't include that story line.  The implications would have been mind blowing lol

But I still need more proof. There, I need more proof.
"Ernest Hemingway once wrote: 'The world's a fine place, and worth fighting for.'  I agree with the second part."
    --Morgan Freeman, Se7en

"Have you ever fucking seen that...? Ever seen a mistake in nature?  Have you ever seen an animal make a mistake?"
 --Paul Schneider, All the Real Girls