Walken

Started by grand theft sparrow, December 23, 2004, 10:10:26 AM

grand theft sparrow

Myxo

Some very funny stuff here..

:lol:

MacGuffin

Walken Grabs the Remote

Christopher Walken is in negotiations to join the cast of Click, a comedy feature from helmer Juan Jose Campanella with Adam Sandler set to star. Columbia Pictures and Revolution Studios are releasing the film, which will begin production in early summer.

Written by Steve Koren and Mark O'Keefe, the story centers on an architect who spends all his time in the office. He soon meets a mysterious stranger (Walken) who gives him a remote control that allows him to rewind and fast forward to different parts of his life. He hits a snag, however, when the remote starts to take control of his life.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

GoneSavage

Kal

Thats really something... I wonder how far he will get with this...

Ravi

Its a tie-in to Wedding Crashers.

grand theft sparrow

It's bullshit.

And I had just started making a poster for him too...

A Matter Of Chance

I really refuse to believe that this is untrue.

grand theft sparrow

Quote from: A Matter Of ChanceI really refuse to believe that this is untrue.

I wish more than anything that I could tell you it wasn't a hoax but...

http://washingtontimes.com/upi/20050815-094627-5892r.htm

Is Walken going to run?
Aug. 15, 2005 at 9:50PM

A Web site announcing Hollywood actor Christopher Walken plans to seek the U.S. presidency is a hoax, his publicist says.

The site, walken2008.com claims to quote the actor as saying, "It's time to get America back on track," and says he will run for the nation's top post in 2008.

But his rep told "Entertainment Tonight" Monday that the sit is "100 percent not true."

"(It) sounds like someone got a little too excited over his role as secretary of the Treasury in 'The Wedding Crashers' and now they want to make him president," the rep said.

MacGuffin

Walken for President? Not!

He may have played his fair share of nut jobs on the big screen, but is     Christopher Walken really crazy enough to try to become leader of the free world?

According to one Website currently sparking up a storm on the Internet, Walken2008.com, the Oscar winner has launched a campaign for the presidency in 2008.

A post on the Website announcing Walken's candidacy reads: "Our great country is in a terrible downward spiral. We're outsourcing jobs, bankrupting social security and losing lives at war. We need to focus on what's important--paying attention to our children, our citizens, our future. We need to think about improving our failing educational system, making better use of our resources and helping to promote a stable, safe and tolerant global society. It's time to be smart about our politics. It's time to get America back on track."

Considering the unlikely success of the Gipper and the Governator, the idea of the Oscar-winning Deer Hunter star running for office doesn't seem like much of a stretch.

After all, Walken, 62, does have some limited government experience--albeit fictional. He currently graces the big screen as the secretary of the Treasury in New Line Cinema's hit comedy Wedding Crashers, which has become one of the summer's biggest draws, grossing over $165 million domestically.

And with his documented obsession for gourmet cooking, his dancing prowess (as showcased in his MTV VMA-winning Fatboy Slim clip "Weapon of Choice") and inside tales of Hollywood, Walken would no doubt go over huge at state dinners.

But don't go carving out space for that Walken '08 bumper sticker just yet. News of his candidacy has been greatly exaggerated.

"The person who put this together was just trying it as a hoax, I presume," the thesp's publicist, Mara Buxbaum, told the Los Angeles Times. "My take on it is it sounds like the person who put this on the Web took his role...in Wedding Crashers too seriously and now wants him to run for the presidency."

Walken's agent, Toni Howard of International Creative Management, also shot down the idea of a Walken White House bid.

"I don't know where they got it," Howard told the Times. "That's like saying     Tim Robbins is running on the Republican ticket. [Walken] is the least political guy I know."

The Website even includes a press release featuring a bogus quote from Howard and a statement from a nonexistent campaign manager, who says Walken hopes to devote time to his presidential bid once he's done shooting several upcoming films and plans to pattern his campaign after     Howard Dean, by launching an online grassroots effort.

Walken2008.com doesn't mention Walken's party affiliation, arguing that "voters should vote based on the candidates' platforms, not their party affiliation." The site does feature its own tagline--"Get America Back on Track"--and outlines Walken's purportedly nonpartisan political views, dubbed the "Walken Platform."

The actor is quoted on everything from campaign-finance reform ("I feel that as a wealthy American I should have no more say than even the least fortunate American citizen") to stem-cell research ("I met Chris Reeves before he died...and I cannot support legislation to restrict this potentially life-saving research") to the military ("instead of sending billions to the     Pentagon's pet projects, it should go to the troops").

The site is reminiscent of a     John Cusack-for-President Web page that surfaced in 2001. While the actor didn't endorse the bid, his publicist said, "It is a funny idea, but we think humor in politics is a good thing."

As for the ersatz Walken campaign, it seems Netizens haven't caught on to the joke, at least according to some back and forth on political message boards. At Fazed.org, somebody called Spastichero says, "Who the hell wouldn't vote for Christopher Walken. He could announce plans for world domination, and I would still vote for him. Just because he's such a cool guy."

"I disagree on many of Chris' views on education, trade tariffs and appropriations. But, overall, I believe that Walken can get more cowbell in the White House," writes one Bashturn. "Walken for president, because America has a fever, and cowbell is the only cure."

Adds Mr. Mojo Risin: "We would kick butt in every corner of the world."
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

GoneSavage

The Perineum Falcon

I was murdered by Christopher Walken in a dream last night. :(
We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

modage

or maybe it was real and posting about it on xixax was the dream?  :saywhat:
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

The Perineum Falcon

or my idea of heaven?  :saywhat:  :saywhat:
We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.