[proposal: xixax collective story.]

Started by cron, April 25, 2004, 01:27:58 PM

Thrindle

Is making a list of participants (you know, so that everyone has a chance but in a certain order) too rule oriented?  Then there isn't the hassle of conflicting plotlines.
Classic.

picolas

Quote from: ThrindleIs making a list of participants (you know, so that everyone has a chance but in a certain order) too rule oriented?
yes. but i see what you're saying.

my idea is this:

in the event of a double post, the first one is the chosen one no matter what, and the second one must be edited to end itself. like "and then they all died."

First of all, it's great to see that you people are in this, all of your opinions are basically what's needed for this thing to work/ kick ass. Seems like we're thinking on the same level.  And I worked on some stuff:

*At least 10 lines per person.
*Start them with the last person's idea, end them with yours.

*I think that as long as people is commited, we can have as many persons working on this as we want, so , forget what I said about limiting the people involved. Picolas' suggestion about the double posts seems correct.

*Corrections  will be encouraged.

*Yep. fun, people.  

That's it.  

I'll post  the beginning  in about 4 hours, if everyone's okay with it.
context, context, context.

coffeebeetle

more than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. one path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. the other, to total extinction. let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.
woody allen (side effects - 1980)

it happened.

Quote from: picolas

in the event of a double post, the first one is the chosen one no matter what, and the second one must be edited to end itself. like "and then they all died."

The Perineum Falcon

Quote from: cronopioit happened.

Yeah, so I just edited my post to agree with brad's. That's cool, right?

But I was thinking that maybe we should make a list of writers, saying who goes next. That way, we wouldn't have to worry about double-posts. And if the next person has no addition to make they could either PM the person behind them or just post "pass". How's that sound?
We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

Quote from: ranemaka13
Quote from: cronopioit happened.

Yeah, so I just edited my post to agree with brad's. That's cool, right?

But I was thinking that maybe we should make a list of writers, saying who goes next. That way, we wouldn't have to worry about double-posts. And if the next person has no addition to make they could either PM the person behind them or just post "pass". How's that sound?

i think it would work better if the person who'll write the part, just before starting, posted a message that briefly states the he's writing something at the moment, then simply click the edit button and continue the advancing on the story.

MacGuffin

What a missed opportunity to use Jeremy's same sock connection. Someone better pick up on it.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Quote from: MacGuffinWhat a missed opportunity to use Jeremy's same sock connection. Someone better pick up on it.

Why don't you try, Mac? I'm sure you'll amazes us all.

El Duderino

Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: ranemaka13Margret Hatcher
Sounds like Margaret Thatcher.  :!:

Let me have the next post... I'll get around to it in a few minutes.

Jeremy Blackman

Banky, can you delete your latest? I kind of, umm, had something planned.

Quote from: Jeremy Blackman

Let me have the next post... I'll get around to it in a few minutes.

this kind of posts should be in the thread.  For explicit comprehension.

Banky

yeah i deleted my post and call it after JB.  I will post that im next in the thread following JB's post.