Scarlett Johansson

Started by ono, January 13, 2004, 11:16:22 PM

MacGuffin

HaHaHa. All of you are gonna have to watch Michael Bay film now:

Johansson off to 'Island' for Bay
Source: Hollywood Reporter

Scarlett Johansson is booking passage for "The Island," the next project on her slate that she will film.

The actress is in final negotiations to team with Ewan McGregor on the Michael Bay-directed feature for DreamWorks. A Oct. 25 start is being planned on the Caspian Tredwell-Owen script.

"Island" centers on a "harvested being" who suddenly becomes self-aware and tries to escape the utopian facility where he and others are being kept. Johansson will play a woman who is the only one that McGregor's character can trust. She also is pregnant with her "sponsor's" child.

Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci also turned in a draft for producers Walter Parkes, Laurie MacDonald and Ian Bryce.

DreamWorks production executive Marc Haimes is overseeing for production topper Adam Goodman. The studio purchased the project in a heated bidding war in February for a price tag north of $1 million.

Johansson is on a streak following her awards-season run for her notable roles in Sofia Coppola's "Lost in Translation" and Peter Webber's "Girl With a Pearl Earring." She has since finished working on "A Good Woman" opposite Helen Hunt and Tom Wilkinson, "Synergy" opposite Dennis Quaid and Woody Allen's summer project.

She also has signed on to star opposite Tom Cruise in "Mission: Impossible 3" to start shooting in June. Before that, she'll lens Brian De Palma's "The Black Dahlia."
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Pubrick

Quote from: MacGuffinBefore that, she'll lens Brian De Palma's "The Black Dahlia."
doesn't that mean she's behind the camera?
under the paving stones.

matt35mm

I believe that "lens" is just the term for "start production on."

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: MacGuffinJohansson off to 'Island' for Bay

Quote from: NEON MERCURY

l
l......................................\/
l.......................................l.....<--------scarlett
l....................................../l\
l......................................O
l
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

---------------------------->"the waters of mediocracy pure sh*t"

ono

Quote from: matt35mmI believe that "lens" is just the term for "start production on."
Close:
Quote from: dictionary.comTo make a photograph or movie of.
Weird.

Ghostboy

It's just general industry-speak for shooting a movie. There's a whole vocabulary of slang that abounds in Variety and Hollywood Reporter.

Anyway, Scarlett Johanssen is setting herself up nicely to be the next Nicholas Cage.

Thrindle

Quote from: GhostboyAnyway, Scarlett Johanssen is setting herself up nicely to be the next Nicholas Cage.

Good call.
Classic.

Alethia

Myxo

As long as she doesn't get a sex change operation she can be whoever she wants.

Chest Rockwell

I'll see it. It actually looks interesting. And you can't go wrong with Ewan McGregor. But you're right, she is starting to take roles I'd rather her not take (eg MI:3). I'm still looking forward to Synergy, A Good Woman, and Black Dahlia.

Alethia

..and spongebob - hellooooooo?!?

MacGuffin

Johansson Fends Off Reporter's Advance

"Lost in Translation" star Scarlett Johansson came to the Venice Film Festival to promote her latest picture, but found herself fending off romantic advances.

During a packed press conference for her film "A Love Song for Bobby Long," the 19-year-old was ambushed by an unusual question by a young journalist from Chile.

"This is kind of a confession: I can't sleep at night thinking about you. Sorry, I have to tell you. I'm a journalist but I'm an actor, too," the Casanova said Thursday. "Please, could you choose one of your favorites (movies) to make with me. Come on Scarlett, please."

"Oh God. ... Uhm. 'Single White Female,' maybe," Johansson quipped, referring to the 1992 film about a woman whose roommate becomes dangerously obsessed with her.

"I've never seen it," the reporter said. "What is it about? It is a love one?"

"Of sorts," Johansson replied.

This same journalist has made unusual comments at other press conferences, suggesting Steven Spielberg make a sequel to "Saving Private Ryan" called "Saving Private Bush" but "at the end of the film no one saves him." And he advised Denzel Washington to run for president. Neither star responded to his remarks. (AP)
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

pete

is it some kind of Ali G wanna be?
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

meatball

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: MacGuffinJohansson Fends Off Reporter's Advance
During a packed press conference for her film "A Love Song for Bobby Long," the 19-year-old was ambushed by an unusual question by a young journalist from Chile.

"This is kind of a confession: I can't sleep at night thinking about you. Sorry, I have to tell you. I'm a journalist but I'm an actor, too," the Casanova said Thursday. "Please, could you choose one of your favorites (movies) to make with me. Come on Scarlett, please."

aww.....thats cute......... i think that scarlett and that chilean pimp should star in 'the gods must be crazy pt. 3"....