tarantino on stage

Started by Anonymous, February 24, 2003, 11:08:36 PM

Anonymous

My company used to do a lot of theater and we did Reservoir Dogs and Pulp Fiction on stage, I was just wondering if anyone has seen productions (mainly Dogs) on stage. I know the show has been performed in Phoenix, Chicago, New York and Albuqurque, anyone else?

ReelHotGames

The above is from me, I forgot to login before posting silly me....
"Body Count Cinema the Customizable Card Game"
A cinematic CCG coming to a coffee table near you!
www.reelhotgames.com/BodyCountCinema_Home.htm

Pwaybloe

Quote from: michael alessandroMy company used to do a lot of theater and we did Reservoir Dogs and Pulp Fiction on stage,...

Really?  I've found that most movies are not backwards compatible in regards to stage productions.  Maybe Resevoir Dogs since it has very few sets.

I wish more decent theatre productions would come to my town.  The last play that was here was about a gay Christ.  Who the hell wants to see that shit?  That's just blasphemy, more importantly to religion, but good theatre as well.

Duck Sauce

How did you guys to Pulp Fiction?

ReelHotGames

Quote from: Duck SauceHow did you guys to Pulp Fiction?

Not well.... No, actually it was fairly slick, but the limit we had was we did it in repetoire with Reservoir Dogs, so each night was a different show, we basically had to work off the same set with a few minor changes.

What we did with Pulp was make the set giant books, with Pulp Novel covers, and some simple set pieces to represnt locations etc... Basically the characters carried the show through.

It was done again from my script in Chicago, and I didn;t see what they did set wise, but was curious, because it is a miserable monster of a show to mount on stage.

Unlike Fight Club which we did, and it was, in my opinion, better than the film because we moved from the novel, which is much more internal.

bonanzataz

I always thought Reservoir Dogs would make a cool stage production.

I saw Quentin Tarantino on stage in a play called Wait Until Dark with Marisa Tomei. I remember really liking it because I loved Quentin back then (come to think of it I must have only been 10 or 11. I can't believe I even cared about who directed what when I was 10). Funny story, Bob Saget was in the audience that day (it was a matinee show, I remember) and I told him I used to love Full House. He was actually a pretty cool dude.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

ReelHotGames

That was a decent production of Wait Until Dark, Marissa was drool worthy in Hepburns role.

Dogs is AWESOME on stage - it translates so well, I could do it for years and not get tired of it.