Apple is the best thing ever

Started by Kal, October 12, 2005, 02:59:39 PM

pete

but a comicbook isn't a storyboard; how the panels play out on a page against each other and how a page is composed, the layout dictates the rhythm of a story, and a good comicbook oughta be read that way.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Pubrick

under the paving stones.

RegularKarate

No, Pete's right.  A good comic artist/writer knows that things can get spoiled by things showing up out of the corner of you're eye.  It's carefully planned out so that things are revealed at page turns.  The way the panels fit together are a big part of the comic.

modage

I don't disagree.  I just think it's an interesting way to view them, not better.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

pete

oh and also I don't read comicbooks; this was something I said in art school to impress another girl who doesn't read comicbooks.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Reinhold

i did end up buying the new iPhone... my 3GS has started randomly bricking, which i can't deal with because i need it for work. i don't want to give up my unlimited data plan and i didn't want to get another 3GS for the same price of the new phone, so here i am.

woot.
Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

Stefen

Did you get to keep your unlimited data plan? For how long?
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Reinhold

i did keep my unlimited plan, signed a new 2 year contract.
Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

cronopio 2

my dad got an ipad for his birthday and i intend to fill it with cool apps. what are your recommendations?
what is the best app for comic books, for example?

Stefen

Look at this hipster ass motherfucker.

Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Sleepless

Okay, so I need some helpful advice from those of you more technically advanced than me. I need a new phone. Seriously, I've had the same phone for nearly 4 years and it was outdated then. I need to upgrade. I would love an iphone and I keep going back and fore, debating. If I was going to get an iphone then naturally I'd wait until summer and get the iPhone 5 when it's released. The only thing which is putting me off is the insane price plans I'd be forced to carry with either AT&T or Verizon. My wife and I are on a family plan and assuming we both got an iPhone it'd cost us like $160/month - and that's on the lowest (unfeasible) number of minutes and without any text messaging plan.

So I've been looking into other options. So far Virgin mobile is proving by far the most seductive. For $40/month each we could get a great package: 1200 minutes each, plus unlimited text, email, data and web. Now, Virgin is a new player in the US so there coverage is spottier than the big boy, but it doesn't look like isn't going to be an issue. They don't have a wide selection of phones, but a couple seem pretty decent:
http://www.virginmobileusa.com/cell-phone-plans/beyond-talk-plans.jsp?intcmp=p-hp-mps2-25planfortune-0308111

So basically, I'm asking for advice. Is an iPhone really worth it? As far I can tell the biggest difference between the iPhone and other smartphones is that I can use the iPhone as an iPod substitute on the go whereas other phones wouldn't play iTunes format of music? And I guess all the iPhone Apps won't work on any other brand of phones either?

So assuming I'm still leaning towards the Virgin option - how do those phones stack up? Although I've got a shitty phone right now, and want to makes sure that when I get a new one it's the shit. That's why I've been hanging on for so long and why I was contemplating waiting till the summer for the new iPhone. Anyone know anything about these phones available or does anyone use the Virgin network at all?

Really appreciate any advice anyone can give. I'm completely lost when it comes to cell phones.
He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

Pas

Rename that thread already!!

Iphone is neat if you read blogs a lot. I never had time to go on my computer to read a blog but on my phone I do whenever I have to wait for someone (all the time)

polkablues

Whether you get an iPhone or an Android phone or whatever, get a smartphone with a data package. I personally have had iPhones for the past four years, and I have nothing but positive remarks about them, but either way, having access to a tiny little Internet-connected computer in your pocket at any given moment is the breakthrough of the 21st century. You'll never want to go back.
My house, my rules, my coffee

modage

I've only ever had an iPhone (smartphone) so I can't really compare to Android or any other brand. But from what I've heard from people who have used both is that it is the best, but it's not going to do anything radically different than any other smartphone.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

socketlevel

Quote from: Sleepless on March 25, 2011, 11:20:40 AM
Okay, so I need some helpful advice from those of you more technically advanced than me. I need a new phone. Seriously, I've had the same phone for nearly 4 years and it was outdated then. I need to upgrade. I would love an iphone and I keep going back and fore, debating. If I was going to get an iphone then naturally I'd wait until summer and get the iPhone 5 when it's released. The only thing which is putting me off is the insane price plans I'd be forced to carry with either AT&T or Verizon. My wife and I are on a family plan and assuming we both got an iPhone it'd cost us like $160/month - and that's on the lowest (unfeasible) number of minutes and without any text messaging plan.

So I've been looking into other options. So far Virgin mobile is proving by far the most seductive. For $40/month each we could get a great package: 1200 minutes each, plus unlimited text, email, data and web. Now, Virgin is a new player in the US so there coverage is spottier than the big boy, but it doesn't look like isn't going to be an issue. They don't have a wide selection of phones, but a couple seem pretty decent:
http://www.virginmobileusa.com/cell-phone-plans/beyond-talk-plans.jsp?intcmp=p-hp-mps2-25planfortune-0308111

So basically, I'm asking for advice. Is an iPhone really worth it? As far I can tell the biggest difference between the iPhone and other smartphones is that I can use the iPhone as an iPod substitute on the go whereas other phones wouldn't play iTunes format of music? And I guess all the iPhone Apps won't work on any other brand of phones either?

So assuming I'm still leaning towards the Virgin option - how do those phones stack up? Although I've got a shitty phone right now, and want to makes sure that when I get a new one it's the shit. That's why I've been hanging on for so long and why I was contemplating waiting till the summer for the new iPhone. Anyone know anything about these phones available or does anyone use the Virgin network at all?

Really appreciate any advice anyone can give. I'm completely lost when it comes to cell phones.

dude i pay 50 bucks a month with 6 gig data (more than enough per month unless you're the lawnmower man), evenings starting at 5 and 400 anytime mins.  this is in toronto but 160/month is fucking retarded.

best thing to do is lie about being offered a corporate plan from a different provider and get your current provider to try and beat/match them. with a little bit of research you can convince anyone of anything (that's how i did it)
the one last hit that spent you...