Game of Thrones (spoilers)

Started by diggler, June 06, 2011, 02:39:04 PM

Pubrick

Quote from: ddiggler on April 02, 2013, 08:10:32 PM
I love how Vince Gilligan is a deity among show runners. Totally deserved.

Solid premiere, Dany had more to do in this episode than the entirety of Season 2, dragon CGI was looking a bit spotty though. That Giant on the other hand looked fantastic, i'm guessing that was forced perspective. Jon Snow still looks constipated.

agreed on every point. especially how cool it is when other great shows praise breaking bad for setting the standard.

it's true the dragon looked like shit compared to that awesome giant, what the hell? i actually thought it was a weak episode. it was all a slow rebound from the events of the last season.. like someone getting knocked down to the ground and this episode being about them slowly getting back up. and even then they didn't even fully stand.

they can't afford to waste episodes like that. there was little momentum.

under the paving stones.

©brad

On a somewhat related note, Breaking Bad's best director Michelle MacLaren directed two of this season's GoT episodes. I remember on the nerdist podcast Vince and the writers were talking about how excited they were. I guess the admiration is mutual.

Jeremy Blackman

E2 spoilers...

So Joffrey is a closeted self-hating homosexual, right? I'm dead serious.

Fernando

spoils

ha! you're probably right, joffrey could be the ralph cifaretto of GoT, a little perverted creep who can get off only by pain.

I wonder if what Sansa said will bite her back in a really bad way.....

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: Fernando on April 08, 2013, 12:04:43 AMI wonder if what Sansa said will bite her back in a really bad way.....

I doubt it. The writers seemed to go out of their way to make that apparent. I don't think Margaery would gain anything by betraying Sansa. Plus, Sansa has done her a massive favor. She seemed absolutely delighted to get that information, because now she knows how to play her game. She's obviously operating at a higher level than most of those around her.

But yeah, overall, I don't think Sansa is seen as a threat by anyone. For that reason, and because she doesn't have much power, she doesn't seem to be in much danger.

squints

SPOILER?

This moment was pretty awesome/sad

Also, this bitch is triflin'
from season 2 to renley, season 3 to joffrey

"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

Fernando

well, shit just got real, and Im guessing Jaime will never make it back to Kingslanding in 'one' piece...

is dany really selling one of her dragons? I think that when she's sailing safe with her army, that dragon will burn that mouthy bald guy for good and return to her.

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: Fernando on April 15, 2013, 07:54:18 PMis dany really selling one of her dragons? I think that when she's sailing safe with her army, that dragon will burn that mouthy bald guy for good and return to her.

That was also my thought. There are so many reasons. (1) He's already been thoroughly set up to be deserving of comeuppance. (2) Letting that deal stand would make Daenerys seem like a fool to the point that it would permanently damage her character, and I don't think GRRM is interested in that. (3) If she can get all of her dragons out of the House of the Undying, she should certainly be able to free one of them from some non-magical creep who suddenly has no soldiers. Also, he has no idea how powerful she is, and that she birthed said dragons in fire. They're almost shoving down our throats the extent to which he's underestimating her, calling her a whore etc.

diggler

It doesn't seem like Dragons are something you can just "hand over" to someone. They're pretty devoted to Dany, and I don't think any transaction would change that. I loved that they had the balls to off Jaime's hand. Between him and Merle on the Walking Dead, one handed anti-heroes are so hot right now.
I'm not racist, I'm just slutty

Fernando

daaaamn good episode.

specially dany's. I knew it! he burned that mouthy bastard and I swear I knew she could understand everything....

what else happened....oh yes, the young crows rebelled and went mad, poor Jeor Mormont a true crow till the end.

also, I actually feel sorry for Jaime all banged up and depressed, until that great intervention Brienne did, that storyline is becoming one of the best.

Jeremy Blackman

Wow. Just wow. I had to watch the last 8 minutes again immediately. I was absolutely consumed with giddiness.

That was the most moving sequence of the series since Ned Stark's death.

Pubrick

Quote from: Jeremy Blackman on April 22, 2013, 12:01:44 AM
That was the most moving sequence of the series since Ned Stark's death.

YES. i also loved the crow implosion. and theon greyjoy's betrayal though i have NO idea what is going on with his storyline, i still enjoyed the switcheroo, it set the tone for the two other switcheroos in the episode, of which Kaleesi's was the greatest, best of the series maybe.

we need a template for talking about this show on an episode by episode basis, it's too epic, something like:

Most Satisfying Switcheroo/Payoff
kaleesi! i finally know who to worship unconditionally.

Intriguing Developments
the ongoing manipulation of Sansa, does she realise she is always being played?

WTF/Who Is That
dude with the eyepatch

I Have Completely Lost Track Of ____ Storyline
what the fuck is going on with Theon Greyjoy. i feel like nothing happened to him in the last couple of episodes, he's just back where he started. i was certain they were gonna kill him when they re-captured him in the forest, and i would have been fine with that.

CRUCIAL REMINDER: DO NOT USE INFO FROM THE BOOKS TO EXPLAIN WHAT IS HAPPENING. PLEASE CONTINUE TO ONLY SUPPORT YOUR UNDERSTANDING OF A STORY/CHARACTER'S MOTIVATIONS BASED ON THINGS THAT HAVE HAPPENED IN THE SHOW ITSELF.  If there is any mention of the books alternate/future developments your post will be deleted and you may be banned.
under the paving stones.

Fernando

a thousend  :yabbse-thumbup: on the banned if someone spoils and the template idea...

bold prediction
Pod has a two headed dick  :yabbse-tongue:  seriously, is that going anywhere? actually Tyrion hasnt done much this season (so far).

Quote from: Pubrick on April 22, 2013, 04:16:46 AM
If there is any mention of the books alternate/future developments your post will be deleted and you may be banned.

is it ok to talk a little about the first book? if not feel free to delete the below text.

I'm finishing the first book, if you care to know the difference read the white text about Ned's death, of not DONT!

the sequence of Ned's beheading in the book is good and all but what they did on the series is far superior, e.g. Ned and Arya never saw each other, therefore he never talked to Joren (the crow) who took (save) her, OTOH Joffrey's ''bring me his head!'' was exactly like the book.

squints

The mother of fucking god damned fucking dragons.

That was so epic. That singular 8 minute sequence was better than all of season 2.

Another part i dug from this last ep was Varys (Whisperin' eunuch) and his backstory with the sorcerer.
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

AntiDumbFrogQuestion

Quote from: squints on April 23, 2013, 11:14:13 AM
Another part i dug from this last ep was Varys (Whisperin' eunuch) and his backstory with the sorcerer.

"Whisperin' Eunech" sounds like a bar I'd like to visit