Started by SoNowThen, October 23, 2003, 11:32:07 AM

SoNowThen

...had to be done.

Everyone knows about the great period: 68 - 73

but few give credit where credit is due to two late greats:

Black And Blue

and

Some Girls

Keith Richards makes playing rhythm guitar soooo much cooler than lead.
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

godardian

I find the Stones a pretty mixed bag, but the ones I love:

"Under My Thumb"

"Paint it, Black"

"Ruby Tuesday"

"Playing with Fire"
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

MacGuffin

Quote from: SoNowThen...had to be done.

It already was done:
http://xixax.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2884
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

cine

Good.. so I wasn't crazy after all...

SoNowThen

Quote from: MacGuffin
Quote from: SoNowThen...had to be done.

It already was done:
http://xixax.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2884

Well, I knew about that thread, but it was more like the Timberlake w/ Stones thing.

We needed a pure Stones thread.
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

aclockworkjj

not a huge fan...but rocks...

SoNowThen

a very nice, happy little tune ... especially for the Stones.

russiasusha

I'm not a big fan, but I think "She's a Rainbow" is one of the greatest songs ever created by man or mammal.
Guess that means i'm back on zigzag!
Movies before 1930 suck

NEON MERCURY

..has anyone bought the four flicks from best buy..????

if so please post what the songs the play live are..

thank you..thank you.......

modage

i didnt buy it but the tracklisting from bestbuy.com is.....

January 18, 2003 - New York, MSG

1. Intro (including Dr. Dre Remix)
2. Street Fighting Man
3. If You Can't Rock Me
4. Don't Stop
5. Monkey Man
6. Angie
7. Let It Bleed
8. Midnight Rambler
9. Thru and Thru
10. Happy
11. You Got Me Rocking
12. Can't You Hear Me Knockin'
13. Honkey Tonk Women
14. (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction
15. It's Only Rock and Roll
16. When The Whip Comes Down
17. Brown Sugar
18. Jumpin' Jack Flash

July 11, 2003 - Paris Olympia

1. Start Me Up
2. Live With Me
3. Neighbours
4. Hand Of Fate
5. No Expectations
6. Worried About You
7. Doo Doo Heartbreaker
8. Stray Cat Blues
9. Dance Part 1
10. Everybody Needs Somebody To Love
11. That's How Strong My Love Is
12. Going To A Go Go
13. The Nearness Of You
14. Before They Make Me Run
15. Love Train
16. Respectable
17. Honkey Tonk Women
18. Brown Sugar
19. Jumpin' Jack Flash

August 24, 2003 - London Twickenham

1. Intro (Neptunes/Sympathy Remix)
2. Brown Sugar
3. You Got Me Rocking
4. Rocks Off
5. Wild Horses
6. Can't Always Get What You Want
7. Paint It Black
8. Tumblin' Dice
9. Slipping Away
10. Sympathy For The Devil
11. Starfucker
12. I Just Want To Make Love To You
13. Street Fighting Man
14. Gimme Shelter
15. Honky Tonk Women
16. (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction
17. Jumpin' Jack Flash

in addition...

Documentaries include:

"Tip of the Tongue," is a never seen before documentary chronicling the conception and preparations for the innovative 3 show/3 venue concept from the recording studio in Paris to Toronto where the band prepares for their "Licks" World Tour.

"Licks Around the World" offers fans the opportunity to travel on the road with the Rolling Stones, from the tour's beginnings in the United States, through Japan, India, Europe and the United Kingdom, with bootleg tracks "Beast of Burden," "Bitch," "You Don't Have To Mean It," and many other hidden features.

Bonus tracks include:

The Bootlegs

Paris Studio
1. Well Well
2. Extreme Western Grip

Circus Krone - June 8, 2003
1. Can't Turn You Loose

Wiltern Theatre - November 4, 2003
1. Beast of Burden
2. You Don't Have To Mean It
3. Rock Me Baby
4. Bitch
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

classical gas

i've only got one stones album, 'exile on main street', but i've heard many other songs by them, 'gimme shelter being my favorite.  this album is simply amazing and has been growing on me.  'rocks off' is perhaps the best opening track to any album, then followed by 'rip this joint', great...  i think 'loving cup' and 'torn and frayed' are the two best on the album though..

NEON MERCURY

MOD-AGE ..i didn't see that track list you posted earlier ..thanks... 8)