To Newbs, introduce yourself.

Started by Xixax, January 08, 2003, 01:13:48 PM

Pas

makes me feel weird that strangers can read what we say, I thought Xixax was more like a closed-gates neighborhood.  :shock:

a.santi

fine art student, im only in the second year...but i think i'll major in painting.

is that what you wanted to know? or was it what sort of art student as in good or bad student??
im a lousy student, skiping classes, missing deadlines...my drawings are decent tho  :yabbse-undecided:

Stefen

Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

a.santi

.....................phew!

Stefen

tell me, what are your thoughts and opinions on Boondock Saints?
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

I asked because I checked out some of your photography.  :yabbse-thumbup:
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

a.santi

i saw the first one ages ago, was forced to see it by a friend. but im glad he did that, i enjoyed that movie a lot...its the sort of "fun violence" thats always entertaining to watch.
havent seen the new one...from the comments here..not sure i want to...but surely some day, when i get the time to get it.

Quote from: Walrus on September 13, 2009, 08:53:11 PM
I asked because I checked out some of your photography.  :yabbse-thumbup:

aw..really?
i have a crappy little camera and no knowledge in photography..i see it more as a composition exercise for the drawigns and paintings. so, thats nice, thanks.

tpfkabi

Builing My City is pretty cool - reminds me of some of Stanley Donwood's stuff - which makes sense since you like Radiohead.
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Quote from: a.santi on September 14, 2009, 07:57:33 AM
i see it more as a composition exercise for the drawigns and paintings. so, thats nice, thanks.

Isn't that what photography is, anyway?  Definitely shows promise, though it makes me curious about your drawings and paintings.  In a good way.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

a.santi

:)
thanks for the comments.

then i'll post some of my drawings later...on the right thread. 

Neil

Quote from: a.santi on September 14, 2009, 04:00:15 PM
then i'll post some of my drawings later...on the right thread. 

or else!
it's not the wrench, it's the plumber.

polanski's illegitimate baby

Hi, my name is Alek. I am a film-school dropout and an alcoholic. I was born out of a wedlock and should've been the one who made Tarnation. Or i could've just said that i study economics and left the rest to be assumed. :) As far as my repertoire of movie watching, i don't know what to say, i tend to like anything that doesn't make me pissed off and for the rest, i just don't give a damn. Just like a girlfriend, if you care you either love her or you will be pissed off with her, if you don't care then its not a good girlfriend. Oh i would also like to dedicate this post to walrus. :) I am going to be waiting for my 1300 introductions man!

every time you find yourself reading this, think of other great things you could be doing... :)

Stefen

Pas

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ