Anyone going to Glastonbury 2003?

Started by penfold0101, April 02, 2003, 07:14:59 AM

penfold0101

I'm not  :cry:

All the tickets went sooo quickly  :cry:

I've been every year for 6 years now, but not this year.  :cry:
Every time I have paid for a ticket.

If your going you'll have a wicked time.
If your a Glastonbury virgin, don't take too much beer, go with sprits, its a lot lighter, there's a lot of walking to be done from where you park to where you camp.
Remember your welly boots!! If it rains and you haven't got them, it all gets a bit sticky!

if you need any more tips just ask!

Oh yes and if any one has any spare tickets, I could do with 4 - 8 fairly priced (ebay scum selling from between £175 to £600 each! can kiss my hairy arse) tickets.

A distraught penfold0101
"There was a fantastic universal sense that whatever we were doing was right, that we were winning. And that, I think, was the handle - that sense of inevitable victory over the forces of Old and Evil. Not in any mean or military sense; we didn't need that. Our energy would simply prevail. There was no point in fighting - on our side or theirs. We had all the momentum; we were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave.
So now, less than five years later, you can go up on a steep hill in Las Vegas and look West, and with the right kind of eyes you can almost see the high - water mark - that place where the wave finally broke and rolled back." - Hunter S. Thompson.

Sigur Rós

Wauv you sound sad! Then go to Roskilde Festival, Denmark. That's a cool festival!

nevereven

Come to the Reading festival, the tickets for that arent even properly out yet.

I am going again, wouldnt miss it for the world.
Your face isnt a question....

Build a man a fire, and he`ll be warm for the rest of the day...Set a man on fire, and he`ll be warm for the rest of his life.

Redlum

I got tickets and this will be my first time. Good luck in getting some tickets I heard the place with the highest ticket allocation sold out in 20 minutes - is it usually that fast?
\"I wanted to make a film for kids, something that would present them with a kind of elementary morality. Because nowadays nobody bothers to tell those kids, \'Hey, this is right and this is wrong\'.\"
  -  George Lucas

penfold0101

Nevereven, Reading is a bit to rock for me and not hippy enough, the best thing about Glastonbury is the atmosphere, the bands come second!

redlum, 20 minutes is very fast last year it took 3 months for all the tickets to be sold!! in years before that they didn't even sell out, but thats because you could just break through the fence! The super fence put a stop to all that.
"There was a fantastic universal sense that whatever we were doing was right, that we were winning. And that, I think, was the handle - that sense of inevitable victory over the forces of Old and Evil. Not in any mean or military sense; we didn't need that. Our energy would simply prevail. There was no point in fighting - on our side or theirs. We had all the momentum; we were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave.
So now, less than five years later, you can go up on a steep hill in Las Vegas and look West, and with the right kind of eyes you can almost see the high - water mark - that place where the wave finally broke and rolled back." - Hunter S. Thompson.

penfold0101

Oh FUCKING yes.
I got me a glastonbury ticket!

Im so happy now that i can go see DeLa Soul, Athlete, Mogwai, Royksopp, Lemonjelly, REM and thats just Friday!! Sigur Ros are playing and Raidohead oh an so many more!

I'm just buzzing right now! last night when that ticket touched my hand. i was extactic!!

redlum if you want to meet up (an almost imposible task) pm me or something, we will see what happens!

:: Does a little jig :: :turn-l:

penfold0101

Quote from: mogwaiCongrats, say hello to the guys from Mogwai to me.

I doubt I’ll be able to get close enough but I’ll try!  :wink:

penfold0101

Quote from: mogwaiAnd don't miss Mew, you have to see them!

They’re playing at 15:30. In the new bands tent
and they appear to clash with Mogwai who start a 16:00 on the pyramid stage.
Those two stages are about half a mile away from each other!

The problem is that there is soo much going on you end up missing things without even realizing! also who knows what kind of a state I’ll be in by then!

Cheers.

Sigur Rós

Quote from: mogwaiYou could see 30 minutes of Mew and then run over to the pyramid stage to see Mogwai.  :wink:  

Cheers.

That sounds like a great experience!  :wink:

I'm gonna see Mew at Roskilde

Sigur Rós

Quote from: mogwai
Quote from: Sigur RósI'm gonna see Mew at Roskilde
Hope you have a good time there, drink a beer for me.

thx! I'll drink 2! Maybe Pripps Blå or Falcon....

European Son

I heard that Paul McCartney was wanting to headline Saturday night, but Radiohead was already booked to headline and Paul couldn't come Friday or Sunday so they had to turn him down.

penfold0101

Quote from: European SonI heard that Paul McCartney was wanting to headline Saturday night, but Radiohead was already booked to headline and Paul couldn't come Friday or Sunday so they had to turn him down.

Its true.
Id rather McCartney was playing, I dislike Radiohead.

But that’s the beauty of Glastonbury there is all ways a hundreds things happening, loads of things that just happen in front of you, sometimes just sitting and watching the world go by is a cool thing to do.