Help.....and The Doors

Started by aclockworkjj, August 06, 2003, 11:31:55 PM

aclockworkjj

I know The Doors have been covered....I searched and search....I don't think I know how to use the "search function" correctly....help (gulp)???....

Anyways...I am listen to The Soft Parade and wanted to comment on it, cause it pretty damn cool right now.....

help this kid please!

Ghostboy

You sound high!

The Soft Parade is actually one my not-so-favorite albums. It's still really good, but nothign compared to, say, The Doors or Strange Days (my two favorites).

John Densmore is now the only cool living member of the doors. Ray Manzarek pisses me off. I'm sure he's a nice guy, but he really pisses me off.

NEON MERCURY

yeah.....the doors are 8) .i really liked the song the unknown soldier and five to one...the line ."five to one and one to five ..no one here gets out alive.".thats cool stuff.....i remember when stone did that film there was a huge ( i know the next word i will mispell) Renaissance of the doors music  for a while ......................Ghostboy .why does he piss you ofF????

Ghostboy

You spelled it right, you smart devil!

I feel like Manzarek is just raping the legacy of The Doors for a few more bucks. That stupid new tour he did with Ian Astbury...I mean, if he wants to tour again, fine, if he wants to play old Doors songs, fine...but you don't call youself The Doors. That's just bad taste. But he's been doing stuff like this for years. He directed that DV movie called Love Her Madly, which was apparently absolutely awful. I also heard him on Rock Line one time, and he sounded really full of himself, in a laid back sort of way. He kept playing cheesy keyboard riffs while he was talking.

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: GhostboyHe kept playing cheesy keyboard riffs while he was talking.

i can see easily your disdain for him now...(i never knew about what he was doing to the legacy)......

on a side note ian astbury has an INCREDIBLEvoice ..but he should be better suited singing cult songs and not the doors

aclockworkjj

I moved on to Morrison Hotel.....it is damn cool too...."high",? I fly, and try, don't eat rye....chicks that are bi! :wink:

NEON MERCURY

then listen to L.A. Woman......................... 8) stuff

aclockworkjj

Quote from: NEON MERCURYthen listen to L.A. Woman......................... 8) stuff

"I'm a spy....in the house of love".....good stuff

SoNowThen

Peace Frog is the best Doors song.
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.