Sleuth

I like to hug dogs

AlguienEstolamiPantalones

yeah but that line about them being students, sums it up pretty darn  well

Sleuth

I like to hug dogs

Quote from: tremoloslothI don't get it

liam is a working class guy, and he looks at radiohead as being a bunch of pretenous middle class college students

you could see why "he" would think that, i just dont see him in 1998 anyway being a big radiohead fan, since he hated blur and all they stood for .

now maybe in the past few years he may have become a fan i dunno

the reason i said he in quotes was to show that i was speaking for him and not anyone else you me or anyone else .

my disgust with radiohead has more to do with their fans, its no differnt then johnny rotten walking around london at the height of dark side of the moon mania with a " I hate pink floyd" t shirt

Sleuth

Okay

is this your schtick...

Quote from: AlguienEstolamiPantalonesmy disgust with radiohead has more to do with their fans, its no differnt then johnny rotten walking around london at the height of dark side of the moon mania with a " I hate pink floyd" t shirt
?

I almost expect you to end it with "Yep, I'm single."
I like to hug dogs

Pubrick

Quote from: AlguienEstolamiPantalonesmy disgust with radiohead has more to do with their fans, its no differnt then johnny rotten walking around london at the height of dark side of the moon mania with a " I hate pink floyd" t shirt
as u've said before.

i feel the same way, especially that other story u told about those phonies pretending they were "down" with pta knowledge by calling Hard Eight "sydney" and all that.

but the truth is almost everything has asshole phony fans, cos there's so many fake ass bitches around anyway u just can't avoid them. those ppl are worse than ppl who don't know shit about movies and are honest about it.
under the paving stones.

Quote from: P
as u've said before.

i feel the same way, especially that other story u told about those phonies pretending they were "down" with pta knowledge by calling Hard Eight "sydney" and all that.

but the truth is almost everything has asshole phony fans, cos there's so many fake ass bitches around anyway u just can't avoid them. those ppl are worse than ppl who don't know shit about movies and are honest about it.

pubrick i know your a fan, and i almost said something to that  effect in my post about how a lot of people i respect like the band so they cant be as bad as i have made them out to  be

i have all but quit using them as a scapegoat for that reason

its like this i love magnolia and lots of people hate it for the same reason i hate radiohead

Quote from: tremoloslothOkay

is this your schtick...

?

I almost expect you to end it with "Yep, I'm single."

its not so much schtick as you put it, as its human nature, i just ran into so many people who i hate that are fans of this group that it has clouded my judgement

but on the other hand i have met other people who i respect a great deal and they are fans so ya know :: shuruggs::

but to adress the schtick facter, ok check this out i love teddy pendergrass but if i were to go to the zoo and accidetlly find myself getting raped by a horny hoped uped  gorila while teddy pendergrass music played over the loud speakers, i may find myself having a hard time enjoying his music in the future .

see human nature at its finest , and no im not single i have a hot girlfriend who thinks my nuttyness is cute, im a aquired taste really

USTopGun47

Quote from: AlguienEstolamiPantalones
Quote from: USTopGun47
Quote from: SoNowThen
Quote from: SalI agree with VH1's conclusion, namely because I can't think of a better replacement for the most influential ass kicking song from the past 25 years.

Wonderwall.

No matter what you think of Oasis, you gotta admit it's a great song.
Fuck man, Wonderwall is great.  Not their best in my opinion, but great.  I mean, Oasis kicks ass.  Much of their music is very similiar to and influential in Radiohead music (of course there is the whole English thing).  But excellent, excellent band.  I also love Don't Look Back In Anger, that's my fav. Oasis song.   :-D

somebody asked liam back in 98 what he thought of radiohead

and he said " i dunno they look like a bunch of fuckin students" pretty much says it all
This may be true, but it doesn't mean there aren't heavy influences.  Furthermore, you must consider that the brothers are quite inflamatory.
I'm somebody now, Harry. Everybody likes me. Soon, millions of people will see me and they'll all like me. I'll tell them about you, and your father, how good he was to us. Remember? It's a reason to get up in the morning. It's a reason to lose weight, to fit in the red dress. It's a reason to smile. It makes tomorrow all right. What have I got Harry, hm? Why should I even make the bed, or wash the dishes? I do them, but why should I? I'm alone. Your father's gone, you're gone. I got no one to care for. What have I got, Harry? I'm lonely. I'm old.

Kev Hoffman

Missing Smashing Pumpkins, Elvis Costello, Weezer, The Smiths...and many, many, many, others.

OH AND...Not a single song on that list, from the 80s pop scene, deserves to be on there. Same with *any* songs on that list from the last 3 years (well, Norah Jones is good, but top 100 good?).

SoNowThen

Quote from: AlguienEstolamiPantalones
Quote from: SoNowThen
Quote from: SalI agree with VH1's conclusion, namely because I can't think of a better replacement for the most influential ass kicking song from the past 25 years.

Wonderwall.

No matter what you think of Oasis, you gotta admit it's a great song.
Fuck man, Wonderwall is great.  Not their best in my opinion, but great.  I mean, Oasis kicks ass.  Much of their music is very similiar to and influential in Radiohead music (of course there is the whole English thing).  But excellent, excellent band.  I also love Don't Look Back In Anger, that's my fav. Oasis song.   :-D

somebody asked liam back in 98 what he thought of radiohead

and he said " i dunno they look like a bunch of fuckin students" pretty much says it all
This may be true, but it doesn't mean there aren't heavy influences.  Furthermore, you must consider that the brothers are quite inflamatory.

Gallagher brothers are such good quotes. Upon arriving at an American music festival a few years ago, Liam was asked "What do you thinkof the other bands playing here?" To which he answered "rubbish, all of 'em". The reporter: "Pearl Jam?", Liam: "... rubbish".

Classic.

Noel has had some great ones too, not the least of which was wishing Aids on Damon and Alex from Blur, and saying that members of the British Government were heroin addicts.

* I realize this probably will offend someone here, but c'mon, these are much more entertaining than normal bullshit interviews. It's pretty fucking funny.*
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

NEON MERCURY

UMMMMMM...vh1 ever heard STAIRWAY TO HEAVEN--i know it is played out but when i think of the" all-time greatest song", nirvana is the last thing to come to my mind :roll:

noel said that eddie vedder reminds him of a janitor, so fucking true that i cant stop laughing hwen i think about it

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: NEON MERCURYUMMMMMM...vh1 ever heard STAIRWAY TO HEAVEN--i know it is played out but when i think of the" all-time greatest song", nirvana is the last thing to come to my mind :roll:

I think it was released before 1978.

chainsmoking insomniac

Quote from: Kev HoffmanMissing Smashing Pumpkins, Elvis Costello, Weezer, The Smiths...and many, many, many, others.

OH AND...Not a single song on that list, from the 80s pop scene, deserves to be on there. Same with *any* songs on that list from the last 3 years (well, Norah Jones is good, but top 100 good?).

Well said man.  "Smells Like..." is not the song I'd call the best in the past 25 years....that's just ridiculous.  I think the implications that the song caused on the music scene were quite powerful (knocked the King of Pop on his ass) and warrant a somewhat grandiose title....
"Ernest Hemingway once wrote: 'The world's a fine place, and worth fighting for.'  I agree with the second part."
    --Morgan Freeman, Se7en

"Have you ever fucking seen that...? Ever seen a mistake in nature?  Have you ever seen an animal make a mistake?"
 --Paul Schneider, All the Real Girls