Better Call Saul

Started by Kal, September 11, 2013, 04:29:39 PM

Drenk

SPOILERS

I'd be Kim, I wouldn't give a shit about what Jimmy did. She knows Chuck better now. She knows he robbed her —legally, yes, but also against his own health— because of his jealousy...

At this point, Chuck knew that attacking Kim was the best way to affect Jimmy.

He's an asshole.

She's even helping Jimmy at the end of the episode...
Ascension.

Fernando

amazing episode.

Quote from: Drenk on April 13, 2016, 07:39:40 AM
SPOILERS

At this point, Chuck knew that attacking Kim was the best way to affect Jimmy.

He's an asshole.

She's even helping Jimmy at the end of the episode...

Kim FTW.

If Chuck dies that 'help' will affect her, knowing she played a part in his demise or even if he's incapacitated.

Quote from: Jeremy Blackman on April 13, 2016, 12:30:11 AM
SPOILS

- Mike simultaneously dominating and suffering a moral defeat. Was this his last half measure?

probably? I wonder if he will have something to do with Tío's incapacitation, of course if he does he won't see it coming, as he could use his bell to point at Mike and we know that never happens.

whoa. i dont really know how to feel about any of what just happened. this fucking show, dude.

Jeremy Blackman

SPOILS

I'm not sure what to think either...

Superficially, it was a frustrating experience. Because Better Call Saul is an illusion. You have Chuck suffering a serious injury, and you have Mike doing reconnaissance and actually taking aim with a sniper rifle, but this is not that kind of show. Chuck won't die, and Mike won't shoot.

At times it feels like an endless tease. Why else would they show us 10 minutes of Mike preparing for that hit? They are withholding payoffs wherever possible.

It doesn't bother me that much. I just think there might be better storytelling choices than this endless string of cliffhangers.

I can't deny how rich the characters have become, though. Chuck and Jimmy have never been more interesting.

I do like Mike's disorientation when he finds that note. And I can't wait to find out who his special friend is...

SPECULATION SPOILER

It's probably Gus Fring. Apparently the first letters of this season's episode titles anagram to "Fring's Back." Thus the weird spelling of this episode, "Klick."

This would 100% make sense. I can see why Gus might be stalking Hector, too. And obviously it's an essential plot move to set up the eventual Gus/Mike/Saul partnership. What if we actually get to see Mike and Gus putting Hector in a wheelchair?

Drenk

SPOILERS

Wow, Chuck. You used your brother love for you to set him up? Wow.
Ascension.

Fernando

^^ He is a heartless prick.

and when Chuck uses that recording that will probably be the dawn of Saul Goodman.

Quote from: Jeremy Blackman on April 19, 2016, 10:53:57 AM
SPECULATION SPOILER

It's probably Gus Fring. Apparently the first letters of this season's episode titles anagram to "Fring's Back." Thus the weird spelling of this episode, "Klick."

This would 100% make sense. I can see why Gus might be stalking Hector, too. And obviously it's an essential plot move to set up the eventual Gus/Mike/Saul partnership. What if we actually get to see Mike and Gus putting Hector in a wheelchair?

I would bet on it they will have something to do with it, and Hector won't ever see them coming nor will know who did it.

RegularKarate

SPOILS

I can't imagine that speculation spoiler being anything else now that I read it.

As far as the tape goes. I can't see Chuck using it using it. It will be for blackmail. He will force Jimmy to change his name like he wanted in the first place.

Jeremy Blackman

Oh, good call. I actually don't remember Chuck asking Jimmy to change his name. Would that be good enough for Chuck?

I also can't see Jimmy getting disbarred. He may change his name, but he stays in New Mexico. Not exactly stealing someone's identity or running from disbarment.

Sleepless

That makes sense. The whole recording thing really bothered me, and I really felt like the writers had painted themselves into a corner with it. Couldn't see how they'd get out of it unless Chuck did suddenly die and nothing happens with it, but that theory makes sense and would fit. I really felt that Chuck's story had run its course already, especially with Kim's speech in the previous episode. If that's right though, I can see Jimmy actually feeling freer than ever with the name change - he won't feel like he has to try to live up to Chuck's expectations any more, and his resulting actions will probably piss off Chuck even more.
He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

Jeremy Blackman

Here's a medium semi-spoiler for next season, straight from Vince Gilligan. It relates to the anagram and the speculation spoiler I previously posted. It might accurately set one's expectations.

From Hitfix

Gilligan: People should not assume in any way, shape, or form that they'll see Gus in the first episode of next season. It's possible they will. It's also possible, if not more possible, they won't. Gus is a character, as we know from Breaking Bad, who casts a very long shadow, and has a great many agents doing his bidding. He's a guy who's very hard for Walter White to pin down when Walt met him, and I think that will continue to be the case. That is his character, as I understand it. He is not a guy who reveals himself very quickly.

Sleepless

Makes total sense. But the fact remains Gus will be a force in the show next season even if we don't see him. But we likely will, just not in the first episode it sounds like. (Though have they even started writing the next season yet? Probably not.) VG makes me laugh - on the podcast he'll try to drop teasers about stuff, but he always does it so diplomatically that he pretty much tells you exactly what to expect. "Will we see more of Tio? Ah, well, you know, he's not the type of guy to let sleeping dogs lie, so I'd say there's probably a very good chance we'll see him again very, very soon. Mark is an amazing actor."
He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

Drenk

Ascension.

jonas

"Mein Führer, I can walk!" - Dr. Strangelove

Garam

These nostalgia cycles are turning really small.