If a deaf could hear one song...

Started by kotte, October 31, 2005, 05:04:06 PM

kotte

What song would you play her/him?

I would play her 'Living la vida loca' and tell her this is the best we have.

ono

kotte

hedwig

kotte

Quote from: Hedwighahaha
dug yer own grave, bud.  :wink:

Probably did...

If every fucking thing I say is gonna be turned into some nazi-joke then I don't have much to do here...

It was a poorly written post. I didn't get my point across...people made fun of me for a while and I thought fine...sloppy writing, I deserve it.

but now, come on...if making fun of me is worth me leaving this place...then okay, I should.

picolas

you made fun of your question in the first post.

hedwig

actually i dont think he did. i think he was saying that he would play that and tell her that it was the best we have so that she wouldn't feel bad about being deaf, instead of letting her listen to something beautiful to show her what she's missing out on, which would be like giving a dehydrated person only a tiny taste of water.

kotte

Quote from: picolasyou made fun of your question in the first post.

What should I do? Play her Exit Music and say, "this is Radiohead...and it's their worst song."

picolas

Quote from: Hedwigactually i dont think he did. i think he was saying that he would play that and tell her that it was the best we have so that she wouldn't feel bad about being deaf, instead of letting her listen to something beautiful to show her what she's missing out on, which would be like giving a dehydrated person only a tiny taste of water.
now i get it.

Quote from: kotte
Quote from: picolasyou made fun of your question in the first post.

What should I do? Play her Exit Music and say, "this is Radiohead...and it's their worst song."
i don't understand this one.

cine

Quote from: picolas
Quote from: Hedwigactually i dont think he did. i think he was saying that he would play that and tell her that it was the best we have so that she wouldn't feel bad about being deaf, instead of letting her listen to something beautiful to show her what she's missing out on, which would be like giving a dehydrated person only a tiny taste of water.
now i get it.

i don't. sounds like hes mocking deaf people. they aren't retarded, they can still read newspapers and articles and see what the best music out there is like.

picolas

i don't approve of it. i understand the premise.

cine

well if that premise is true then hes taking the deaf community for idiots he's clearly lying and they would know that. so i'm sure he was joking.

pete

anyone saw that movie "touch the sound" about Evelyn Glenny, the profoundly deaf percussionist?  She does things to make deaf people feel the music, it's quite amazing, way more so than Mr. Holland's dancing lights.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

cowboykurtis

...your excuses are your own...

picolas

Quote from: Cinephilewell if that premise is true then hes taking the deaf community for idiots he's clearly lying and they would know that. so i'm sure he was joking.
were you joking kotte? if so, please explain your readiohead thing.