The Hours

Started by Jeremy Blackman, January 24, 2003, 01:51:49 PM

Jeremy Blackman

Has anyone seen this movie? Does it even exist yet?

sigh...

Last Friday was supposed to be the wide release, right?

Duck Sauce

Quote from: Jeremy BlackmanHas anyone seen this movie? Does it even exist yet?

sigh...

Last Friday was supposed to be the wide release, right?

Its been playing around my neck of the woods since mid december

Jeremy Blackman

Ok, yeah, that explains it.. I was looking for it at the art house, and like PDL, it's kind of feeding off the multiplexes like a drowning fish.

Duck Sauce

I saw The Hours finally, it was pretty much what I expected, kind of mellow dramatic but entertaining. I wish they would have gotten in to what makes these women so depressed a little more.

sphinx

Quote from: Duck Saucemellow dramatic

©brad

Quote from: sphinx
Quote from: Duck Saucemellow dramatic

lol.

A suggestion: copy all the text before you hit the submit key into Microsoft Word and run that mother fucking spell check.

sphinx

Quote from: cbrad4dA suggestion: copy all the text before you hit the submit key into Microsoft Word and run that mother fucking spell check.

spell check wouldn't catch that, though.   :wink:

bonanzataz

The movie was quite MELODRAMATIC (sorry, just felt like being a dick), but it definitely sticks with you. It's really a movie for women, not exactly a chick flick, but it's not very appealing from the male point of view. The makeup was very good. Julianne Moore looks very old and they somehow made Nicole Kidman ugly. Whodathunkit?

EDIT: And what's up with John C. Reilly playing an asshole in all of the 500 movies he's in this year?

The Hours - The insensitive husband who just doesn't get it
Chicago - The insensitive husband who just doesn't get it
The Good Girl - The insensitive husband who just doesn't get it
Gangs of New York - The jerkoff police officer who turns his back on the old gang
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

RegularKarate

Quote from: bonanzataz

He's plenty sensitive in Chicago, he's just kinda dumb.  He's also the only likeable character in the whole film, but ends up getting shit on in the end.  I kept wanting him to show up with a gun and shoot that bitch.

bonanzataz

Quote from: RegularKarate
Quote from: bonanzataz

He's plenty sensitive in Chicago, he's just kinda dumb.  He's also the only likeable character in the whole film, but ends up getting shit on in the end.  I kept wanting him to show up with a gun and shoot that bitch.

I never actually saw the film, that's just what I heard. Sorry.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Satcho9

OVER DRAMATiZED PIECE OF SHIT...

Duck Sauce

The Oscars are going to be looking pretty sad this year.

RegularKarate

Quote from: Duck SauceThe Oscars are going to be looking pretty sad this year.
They look sad every year

Pedro

Piece of shit?  I loved this movie.  I thought Streep's acting was especially outstanding.  She managed to capture someone on the edge totally real.  Having had a mother going through similar problems, trust me when I say she nailed it.  Julianne Moore's character was under-developed...but that's what made her character strong.  She was so void of anything...her life was empty.  Nicole Kidman did an excellent job as well.  It seems, though, that if she wouldn't have been completely re-done for the movie, physically, she wouldn't have been taken as seriously.  Ed Harris over-acted the smallest bit, but was also pretty good.  I loved how for each story the dialogue type was changed.  For the 1923 story, there is this very high-society like tone to it.  The 50's story had the "Gee-golly gosh" feel to it.  And the 2001 story was very supercharged and well...modern really...I was completely emotionally envolved in this film and it...wow...
Bottom line: I really liked it.  

Maybe Mr. Gold Trumpet could give a bit of his opinions on this film?

Duck Sauce

Quote from: Pedro the WombatJulianne Moore's character was under-developed...but that's what made her character strong.  She was so void of anything...her life was empty.

Shes really good at these rolls