League of Extraordinary Fuckos!

Started by GodDamnImDaMan, July 09, 2003, 12:45:53 AM

GodDamnImDaMan

Dont tell me anyone wants to see this peice of crapola! And if so it better not just be u Bonataz! Jesus....
Aclockworkjj:  I have like broncitious or something
Aclockworkjj:  sucks, when i cough, if feels like i am dying
Aclockworkjj:  i can barely smoke

http://www.shitzu.biz

bonanzataz

even I don't want to see this thing.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Sleuth

I would have liked to want to see this movie, but I don't
I like to hug dogs

TheVoiceOfNick

This movie looks like it'll have the personality and charisma of a cucumber.

Nick

Pubrick

under the paving stones.

RegularKarate

League of Extrodinary Gents I'll pass on, but League of Extrodinary Fuckos... bring it on.

I think we should change this sites name to League of Extrodinary Fuckos.

Brilliant.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Why must it be about classic books and a washed up Bond?

There is no way this movie will be innovative or mindblowing...just a "hey guys let's go see a movie!" kind of flick.

I have a better title for it...

The Breeze Of AC
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

GodDamnImDaMan

/\/\/\
Keep yer mouth shut pee wee
Aclockworkjj:  I have like broncitious or something
Aclockworkjj:  sucks, when i cough, if feels like i am dying
Aclockworkjj:  i can barely smoke

http://www.shitzu.biz

ono

As of now, both of these domains are available:

leagueofextraordinaryfuckos.com
pantscreamers.com

Take your pick.  ;)

cinemanarchist

The graphic novel this is "loosely" based on is fucking fantastic. Lots of depth and it's actually more of a character study than anything else. It would appear Hollywood has raped something else of value. Alan Moore is the guy who wrote this and "From Hell" (the graphic novel versions) and both rocked...and both film versions were pretty big fucking losses.
My assholeness knows no bounds.

polkablues

If it weren't for the millions of dollars, I would suggest that Alan Moore stop selling his work to the movies.  As it is, more power to him and Stephen Norrington sucks donkey choads in Tijuana titty bars.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Sal

Wow, it's late.  I got back from a late screening, so I'll keep this really short.

I fucking loved this movie.  I'm giddy with how pleasantly surprised I am. Everything about it was fucking great.  Best mainstream Hollywood production I've seen in 2003, that's for sure.  Nothing's topped it.  No X2, no Hulk, no T3 (heh).  

While the story was a departure from the first comic, it still retained its heart through the characters (the originals, though the new ones were great additions, too) and its mood through the art direction.  Really, really impressive.  The action scenes were...unbelievable.  It's a huge thanks to the editor of this film, who just fucking nailed it.  He fucking aced it.  

And I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE the way they handled Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde.  Oh God.  So realistic.  None of that CG shit, at least not in the closeups and the medium shots.  The wider ones and his movement shots, yes.  But handled very impressively.

I really can't say enough about this film.  I really can't.  I was blown the fuck away.  The VERY VERY end, like the last 30 secs, is the only thing I'm iffy about.  The preceding conclusion was like.....man.  If they ended where they could have, I would have asked my friend sitting next to me to see if someone was down there sucking my dick it was so good.  

Even the structure, which was weird, kept things moving.  I loved that.  And the characters.  You really can't say enough about the characters.  Just a fucking pile of aces.  Even Tom Sawyer.  At first I thought, oh great, they brought in an "American" so audiences could relate, but I was quickly dispelled.  Everyone here was frought with their own nuances, their own stories.  I was greatly impressed.  That's the end of this tirade.

Oh yeah - read the trade, if you haven't.  It's an incredible story, and the characters obviously get much more attention, making it quite memorable.  The writing is fantastic, and this is coming from someone who *didn't* like Alan Moore's Watchmen, so there's no Moore bias here.

mindfuck

Wow, that sure is surprising. It would actually really suck if it turns out to be a decent movie since they obviously had NO idea how to fucking market it. The trailers are complete shit and I would have no idea what it was about if I hadn't done my own research and checked it out.

Pubrick

i don't know what it's about.. and well, i'm in denial about what Sal just said. (sucking her dick? sal's NOT a chick??, fuck... oh, and TLOEG too.)

this better suck or i'm gonna be mighty disappointed.
under the paving stones.

TheVoiceOfNick

Quote from: SalWow, it's late.  I got back from a late screening, so I'll keep this really short.

I fucking loved this movie.  I'm giddy with how pleasantly surprised I am. Everything about it was fucking great.  Best mainstream Hollywood production I've seen in 2003, that's for sure.  Nothing's topped it.  No X2, no Hulk, no T3 (heh).  

While the story was a departure from the first comic, it still retained its heart through the characters (the originals, though the new ones were great additions, too) and its mood through the art direction.  Really, really impressive.  The action scenes were...unbelievable.  It's a huge thanks to the editor of this film, who just fucking nailed it.  He fucking aced it.  

And I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE the way they handled Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde.  Oh God.  So realistic.  None of that CG shit, at least not in the closeups and the medium shots.  The wider ones and his movement shots, yes.  But handled very impressively.

I really can't say enough about this film.  I really can't.  I was blown the fuck away.  The VERY VERY end, like the last 30 secs, is the only thing I'm iffy about.  The preceding conclusion was like.....man.  If they ended where they could have, I would have asked my friend sitting next to me to see if someone was down there sucking my dick it was so good.  

Even the structure, which was weird, kept things moving.  I loved that.  And the characters.  You really can't say enough about the characters.  Just a fucking pile of aces.  Even Tom Sawyer.  At first I thought, oh great, they brought in an "American" so audiences could relate, but I was quickly dispelled.  Everyone here was frought with their own nuances, their own stories.  I was greatly impressed.  That's the end of this tirade.

Oh yeah - read the trade, if you haven't.  It's an incredible story, and the characters obviously get much more attention, making it quite memorable.  The writing is fantastic, and this is coming from someone who *didn't* like Alan Moore's Watchmen, so there's no Moore bias here.

Jeez... are you sure you don't work for Fox?

Nick