PTA scheduled to do an AMA on Reddit, Tuesday, January 16th, 2018, 12pm PT

Started by md, January 14, 2018, 10:26:20 PM

Drenk

Aha. My friend asked the question about France. But it's probably gonna be a VIP screening...
Ascension.

Rooty Poots

Quote from: Lewton on January 17, 2018, 04:00:59 PM

Also, am I mistaken or did someone from these forums show PTA their artwork and actually got a response? Congratulations to Rooty Poots.

Thanks! Yup, that was me!

Quote from: Drenk on January 17, 2018, 04:03:29 PM
Aha. My friend asked the question about France. But it's probably gonna be a VIP screening...

Your friend should qualify as a VIP because of the tweet!
Hire me for your design projects ya turkeys! Lesterco

greenberryhill

jenkins

Lewton, who is a literal angel, updated his post to include the tweets that came after his initial post.

my Call Me By Your Name situation is unique to me. at first i thought i should see it, then before i saw it i was convinced i wouldn't like it, and i found all the reasons i wouldn't like it. but it's been building itself back up for me, owing to being praised by Lowery, then i learned of Sayombhu Mukdeeprom, then i learned of André Aciman, and now PT keeps praising it. so i'm fighting against my natural impulses before engaging with the movie, which i haven't done before. fighting my impulses is rather new to me in general.

Drenk

Just watch it, man. I can bet you'll be surprised, even if you end up not liking it.
Ascension.

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Lewton

Quote from: modage on January 17, 2018, 08:25:41 PM
This callback is legit the best part.  :bravo:

Hilarious, yeah.

I liked how he went along with those Parent-Teacher Association jokes, too.

There's also something vaguely funny about "looks like we like our plates." That was a good question.

I can't decide if his response to the "Get Low" question was earnest or sarcastic/playful, but I'm currently leaning toward the latter.