nine inch nails

Started by Sleuth, April 13, 2003, 12:14:43 PM

modage

Via NIN.com:

Nine Inch Nails will not be performing at the MTV Movie Awards as previously announced. We were set to perform "The Hand That Feeds" with an unmolested straightforward image of George W. Bush as the backdrop. Apparently the image of our President is as offensive to MTV as it is to me. See you on tour this fall when we return to play in America.

TRENT REZNOR
   5_26_2005
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Well, great.  Now I'm not going to watch it....

Damn, I still will... I'll just mute one of the performances and Karaoke a Hand That Feeds version myself.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Cecil

Quote from: Walrus¥¥¥and Karaoke a Hand That Feeds version myself.

which you can do easily by muting trent's vocals out of the garageband version

Reinhold

Quote from: hacksparrowI'm having trouble downloading the lyrics/artwork/credits.  Anyone else having that problem?

when that won't work legitimately, i limewire the album... put it into my itunes or windows media library, and hit "find album info"
Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

mogwai

Quote from: Reinhold Messner
Quote from: hacksparrowI'm having trouble downloading the lyrics/artwork/credits.  Anyone else having that problem?

when that won't work legitimately, i limewire the album... put it into my itunes or windows media library, and hit "find album info"
or when that doesn't work try this instead.

MacGuffin

Nine Inch Nails Singer Awarded $3 Million

NEW YORK - A jury awarded Nine Inch Nails alternative rocker     Trent Reznor $2.95 million after finding his former manager breached his contract and acted fraudulently, a lawyer said Tuesday.

The jury in Manhattan federal court delivered the verdict Friday against John Malm, Reznor's longtime manager, said attorney Zia F. Modabber. The award likely would top $4 million when interest is added.

Modabber said he called Reznor, who is on tour, with the news.

"He was almost silent at first. It's still sinking in," Modabber said. "It's been a difficult thing for him in a lot of ways. They were very, very close friends."

A lawyer for Malm did not immediately return a call for comment Tuesday.

The civil verdict came after a three-week trial in which Reznor testified that he was stunned to learn in 2003 that despite millions of dollars in earnings, he was left with as little as $400,000 in cash.

"I felt I had an accountant I couldn't trust," Reznor testified.

Reznor sued Malm, contending he duped Reznor into signing a contract that gave Malm 20 percent of his gross earnings rather than net earnings, and let Malm collect the commission forever.

A lawyer for Malm, Alan Hirth, said in an opening statement that Malm worked many years for no salary — and kept nothing secret from Reznor.

Nine Inch Nails' fourth studio album and first in six years, "With Teeth," debuted last month at No. 1 in sales
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

mogwai

i don't know the story behind these pics or why they were dressed out as a gang. it's just nice to see that they actually have a sense of humor. :yabbse-wink:

that was here in mexico (see shirt and negra modelo), and i couldn't effing go
context, context, context.

noyes

i wrote this back in the beginning of april, and i'm sticking to it.

"i just put it on again. 'all the love in the world' sounds promising. i'm like "yes, this sounds like the fragile, only.. can it be better?" and i listened on and 'you know what you are?' left me feeling empty. yeah, sure, it's not terrible, but i guess i expected something fuller and masterful, musically, especially after a, what, five year absence? i expected a complex, beautifully arranged nin masterpiece and i got songs that, on the whole, sound like a band trying to emulate nin. i'm not gonna lie and say i enjoy it. i'm just disappointed by it."

today: "pilgrimage" is on now and, wow.. beautiful. i picture some roman emperor being carried into some town square, with what sounds like a city cheering. i look at it as the royal coronation of "Pinion". beautiful stuff. and he isn't even singing.
south america's my name.

Pubrick

under the paving stones.

mogwai

mogwai

Brazoliange

Long live the New Flesh

mogwai

a clip has been posted over at nin.com showing aaron (the crazy guitarist) trashing his guitar.

watch the clip (under the media section)

the text underneath says "deutschland kann meinen kugelsack lecken" (translation: germany can lick my scrotum)

hmm...

meatwad

Quote from: mogwaiaaron (the crazy guitarist) trashing his guitar.

he was in the icarus line before he joined nine inch nails. some of you may have heard this story from SXSW a few years ago, but for those who don't, here is part of an interview from Thrasher magazine

Thrasher: Tell us about what happened at the South By Southwest music fest.

Aaron: Well, we were playing the Hard Rock Cafe. You know how they have those little display cases of fake memorabilia?

T: Fake?

Aaron: It's always fake, dude. The Kurt Cobain guitar at the Vegas Hard Rock is right-handed. I just thought it would be fun to play the guitar that Stevie Ray Vaughn supposedly played. It was like a beautiful animal that's caged, you know. They don't want to be caged

T:  You're making it sound like you asked to play the guitar.

Aaron: It was in chains so I freed it with the base of a mic stand and tried to play it a little bit.

T:But didn't you try to run off with it?

Aaron: I just wanted to play it, dude.

T: To see what it sounded like outside?

Aaron: It's not like I fuckin' broke it or anything. Before anything really went down there was a bunch of steak-heads on stage freakin' out. Some girl was crying or something.

T: Did you guys not get paid?

Aaron: No, they paid us before we played. I was in the middle of plugging it in and we were just standing around. People say that we were pussies and tried to run, but I was trying to plug it in.

T:Didn't you get a fine or something?

Aaron: That's the funny part, there was not one repercussion from that so...

Blaze/Manager: I've got a $700 bill at my house right now from Vegas.

here is the link to the full article. it's from 2002 http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0JSE/is_2002_August/ai_87942512