To Newbs, introduce yourself.

Started by Xixax, January 08, 2003, 01:13:48 PM

hedwig

welcome to xixax.

i like your av, one dog goes one way, the other dog goes the other way, and this guy's sayin, "whadda ya want from me?"

MacGuffin

Quote from: Omero on May 22, 2006, 06:28:58 PMFound xixax through a Martin Scorsese website which led me to the Scorsese forum here.

Cool. I didn't know we had links to a Scorsese website. Which one?

And welcome to our site.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

polkablues

:shock:

The current "latest member" is Jackie Lynn!!!!!

That's gotta be somebody's 666day joke, right?

Right...?

:yabbse-lipsrsealed:
My house, my rules, my coffee

cine

Quote from: polkareds on June 06, 2006, 12:51:18 AM
:shock:

The current "latest member" is Jackie Lynn!!!!!

That's gotta be somebody's 666day joke, right?

Right...?

:yabbse-lipsrsealed:

we were anticipating that...

no joke.  :shock:

Reinhold

let me be the first to say that i, for one, am inspired.
Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

gob

Hi everyone, I'm gob, I'm 18 years old residing in the United Kingdom and I've been addicted to film since I was about 5 years old. I started on the easy stuff, Bond, Indiana Jones, just couldn't get enough of that shit.
Now as the dependence has grown I've moved on to the heavier stuff, among my favourite filmmakers are: Wes Anderson, PTA, Coens, Scorcese, Kurosawa, Truffaut, Melville, Gilliam, Sofia and Francis Coppola, Peckinpah... the list goes on.
Yet I still maintain an intense love for films such as Hot Shots: Part Deux, The Three Amigos and Fletch.

I'm a writer and I intend to be a director (some of my early work, "The Redemption of the Christ" is currently available in the Brainstorming and Feedback section of For Filmakers on the board)

Shucks, all in all I'm happy to be able to talk films with you folks and from what I've seen so far this board looks mighty fine.

Pubrick

Quote from: Lucid on July 04, 2006, 01:39:09 PM
I can tell you that the initial hazing period isn't anything to worry about.

you had it easy.

a newbs "hazing" experience is a direct reflection of the abhorrence of their posts.
under the paving stones.

Gold Trumpet

I think my hazing period began on the old board and has never ended. I wouldn't have wanted it any other way.

Pubrick

Quote from: The Gold Trumpet on July 05, 2006, 01:16:44 AM
I think my hazing period began on the old board and has never ended. I wouldn't have wanted it any other way.
haha you'd like to think that but the truth is we all love you now, some more openly than others, and you're having a hard time finding a new persona. may i suggest.. cutey patootey.

under the paving stones.

SHAFTR

Not new, but I'm back from my Leave of Abscence of not posting.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

Gold Trumpet

Quote from: SHAFTR on July 05, 2006, 07:36:46 AM
Not new, but I'm back from my Leave of Abscence of not posting.

I heard you got a job as a columnist somewhere.

Reinhold

i'll be gone for a while. gotta go harvest garlic. i won't have much of any internet access until august unless the garlic has to come out quickly and early and i end up stuck having to go to work with my dad. peace.
Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

polkablues

My house, my rules, my coffee

citizn

Add another name on the wall. Xixax has been my source of all movie news for several years. I thought, "Why not get a voice?" And so I have.
Pleased to be here.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye