Outkast Double CD Speakerboxxx/The Love Below

Started by Banky, September 11, 2003, 10:30:04 PM

Ghostboy

I had to go to two stores after work today to find a copy. Currently engulfed in Dre's disc, which is just...damn.

I'll get to Big Boi later and report back. Hopefully.

cinemanarchist

Dre's disc is so much richer than Big Boi's...don't get me wrong they are both great...but I can see myself listening to Dre's for years to come where as I will prob get tired of Speakerboxx fairly soon...I love them so much together it's a real shame they are basically broken up.
My assholeness knows no bounds.

Sleuth

I like to hug dogs

European Son

They will. It is inevitable. This is their "White Album". By that, I mean that this is the point where they start drifting apart musically. They may make another album or two together like The Beatles did, but this is the beginning of the end.

cinemanarchist

Yes they are. Andre will not be touring...so there is no more "touring" Outkast. He already says he is totally done rapping and wants to move on. Unless they are going to continue releasing double albums...they are broken up. Big Boi is also at odds with Andre over the production of this disc because Andre refused to finish his album while Boi had been done for almost a year. It's not official but it is safe to assume Outkast as a group is prob. over...but as solo artists anything can happen.

Ghostboy

Trem, I can see why you like Big Boi's disc more. Me, I think it's an easy decision: they're both incomparably great. This is the best album of the year. I'd previously have probably given that title to Hail To The Thief, but the thing about that album is that its greatness was sort of anticipated and had a familiarity to it. Which is the same way Big Boi's disc is. What Hail To The Thief lacked is what Andre provides on The Love Below -- an entirely new sound, a new direction. It's amazing stuff.

The NY Times did an interview with them recently in which they 'vigorously denied' a breakup. Anybody read this?

Banky

Quote from: cinemanarchistYes they are. Andre will not be touring...so there is no more "touring" Outkast. He already says he is totally done rapping and wants to move on. Unless they are going to continue releasing double albums...they are broken up. Big Boi is also at odds with Andre over the production of this disc because Andre refused to finish his album while Boi had been done for almost a year. It's not official but it is safe to assume Outkast as a group is prob. over...but as solo artists anything can happen.

pretty false post here

there is a new outkast CD coming out in March.

It will play as the soundtrack of a musical they are doing with HBO films that also comes out in March

booyaa

aclockworkjj

banky...what happen to all the hot bitches in yer av's man?

Banky

Quote from: aclockworkjjbanky...what happen to all the hot bitches in yer av's man?

well to be honest, i originally took my last one down from Britney Rolling Stone because that fucking picture was everywhere.  Before its release it was a really good avatar but then i got sick if it i mean someone on the site had a close up of her ass as just thier avatar.   So when i went looking for somone else i read a post you had made and i decided to take a break from the hot girls.  I think the post was in the Top 5 favorite movies thread, any ways, i didnt feel like you were dissing me because of them but it just made me realize that i got way more response for my avatars than anything i could ever post.  So i justed decided to drop the "hot girl" pics until i could find another one i really liked and i dont want to force it.  So i went with a few and am now with a Revolutions one and i got the idea from a Mac and cbrad post... I dont know when the right pic comes along i'll change.

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: tremoloslothHey you guys, I ended up liking Big Boi's disc more

me too......

thisis not their best ..

Ghostboy

I think Acquemini is one of those albums that will just never be topped.  So in that respect, I agree that it's not their best.

But I can't get that one Dre number, Let Down Your Cool, out of my head. It's so damn beautiful.

NEON MERCURY

yeah..I agree aquemini is their best ..so far..

BTW: on big boi's disk..I still can't get ghettomusik out of my head that song is fun....

cinemanarchist

I think this is their best disc to date...but a very close second is ATLiens

Banky

dont get it twisted.  This is Outkast's best Album and one of the best Albumbs ever made.

Ghostboy

Fuck it, they're all regoddamndiculously amazing!