Know Your Xixax: Donation begging and site news

Started by Xixax, December 02, 2006, 08:52:14 PM

Reinhold

Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

The Perineum Falcon

Parlez espagnol ? Je refuse !

JE REFUSE!! VIVE LE FRANCAIS!!!!

We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

©brad

JG

yo'm impressed.  the best was the italics. 

pete

"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

hedwig

Pubrick

Quote from: Hedwig on April 02, 2007, 10:51:10 PM
Idiota.

haha, yeah i think there was heaps of stuff no one noticed. there wasn't that much traffic.
under the paving stones.

MacGuffin

Have you been having trouble accessing xixax and all of its lovely topics lately? Yeah, us too. Seems like you get a good few minutes of posting and reading time before everything runs like molasses.

Fear not, my fellow xixaxers in limbo. We are currently working on contacting the site's server to see what's happening. (We suspect Harry Knowles is scared and infected us with a virus.)

We apologize for the inconvenience.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Kal

Is it my excess of free time or general XIXAX attendance and participation has been very slow lately?

I think I check the site more than I used to, but there is almost nothing new going on lately... reason? Where are the nerds? Its summer!

modage

i'm not sure, but i know i've been slacking recently on actually writing anything.  i've seen a buncha movies that i havent bothered to review, Sicko, Son Of Rambow, Snow Angels, Rocket Science, Hot Fuzz, Spider-Man 3, Pirates 3, etc., prob just cause i don't feel like writing unless i have to argue with someone.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

JG

whoa, you've seen snow angels!?!  its your duty!

Stefen

I think a good rule should be that no one should have any asshole or meathead avatars. Meaning no avatars of scantily clad women with no artistic merit (see Kal) or anything sports related.

The women one cause it makes it easier to visit the site at work, and the sports one because it does't really fit in here.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

RegularKarate

I would call your avatar an "asshole avatar" easy.

Kal

Quote from: Stefen on July 31, 2007, 12:42:24 PM
I think a good rule should be that no one should have any asshole or meathead avatars. Meaning no avatars of scantily clad women with no artistic merit (see Kal) or anything sports related.

The women one cause it makes it easier to visit the site at work, and the sports one because it does't really fit in here.

Why the fuck are you obsessed with me? Every fucking post you make has something to do with me.

That FYI is Kristen Bell, AKA Veronica Mars... the show was cancelled and I think you are the only asshole here that has a problem with it. Also it has to do with the fact that you are gay.

bonanzataz

Quote from: kal on July 31, 2007, 02:27:21 PM
Also it has to do with the fact that you are gay.

you say that like it's a bad thing. if it weren't for stefen's amazing blowjobs, i'd still be sticking my dick in the mayonnaise.

seriously, though, if you're gonna make a nasty gay comment, please make it a legitimate joke by adding a punchline otherwise it comes across as homophobic and frat boyish. "you're gay" is not a punchline, it's a setup. it's the same rules as fat jokes.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls