Know Your Xixax: Donation begging and site news

Started by Xixax, December 02, 2006, 08:52:14 PM

MacGuffin

Quote from: Fernando on December 21, 2006, 01:32:42 PM
I'll donate under one condition, remove that ugly C already!

You wanna play that way, huh? Well, if you don't donate, expect to see Criterion C's on every forum. Now cough up the cash.

Brett Ratner says:

"Hey, did you hear I got Polanski to be in my film. Rush Hour is his favorite film of all time. He called me personally to say so."

Thanks, Brett, but what money for xixax?

"You wanna talk money? X3 outgrossed Singer's X-Men films... combined!"

Uhhh... Nevermind.

We're almost there my fellow xixaxers. But we still need a final push to reach the end. Please give a little to help xixax stay the place with tools for filmmakers, not the place for tool filmmakers.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

Oliver Stone says:

"Life without xixax? It's gotta be a conspiracy."

Please help the site out, so that in January we will be back and to the left... back and to the left... back and to the left...

Yeah, I know; that one was reaching.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Xx

Xx

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Of all the places to blow your load on the internet...
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

MacGuffin

Jesus Christ says:

"It is accomplished."

We did it! We cannot express how happy we are with the outpouring of support. From the bottom of our hearts we Thank You all.

Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays everyone!

Around here, we're all feeling marry and gay. But marry and gay didn't like that, so they left.  :yabbse-lipsrsealed:

Skeleton FilmWorks

polkablues

It's a Festivus miracle!

And I think you can only marry gay in Massachusetts.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Gold Trumpet

Quote from: flagpolespecial on December 23, 2006, 07:54:51 PM
- To see GT relate every movie he hates back to Bressons career

They say New Years Resolutions are to stop things that are bad for you. I think that is a good start for me.

[realized he opened the floodgates for others to chime in]

Xx

context, context, context.

Gold Trumpet

Quote from: flagpolespecial on December 24, 2006, 04:14:46 PM
Quote from: The Gold Trumpet on December 24, 2006, 04:12:46 PM
Quote from: flagpolespecial on December 23, 2006, 07:54:51 PM
- To see GT relate every movie he hates back to Bressons career

They say New Years Resolutions are to stop things that are bad for you. I think that is a good start for me.

[realized he opened the floodgates for others to chime in]

if you make that your new years resolution, i walk.

merry christmas GT.

Haha, You won't have to walk. Merry Christmas.

modage

merry christmas everybody.  and a huge huge thank you to everyone for your support (and money).  there was a real chance of xixax shutting down right now, and i had figured we admins would have to do most of the donating to keep this place going, but i really underestimated everyone.  you guys have shown you care about this place as much as we do as being a part of your lives so thank you all from the bottom of our geek hearts.  here's to a great '07, the FOURTH year of xixax (if you can believe it.)
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Reinhold

thank you to everybody else who donated, and special thanks to Mike.
Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

The donations had a good turn out, so is that hope for t-shirts?