Know Your Xixax: Donation begging and site news

Started by Xixax, December 02, 2006, 08:52:14 PM

Captain of Industry

No guy, much to my chagrin.

...wait a second.

Pubrick

everyone, i've enabled the use of the "spoiler" feature for all members. for some reason this was only previously available to admin.,

let's try it out, below i will post something in this style:

[spoiler]the sled did it[/spoiler]

and what you should see is a button that reads "spoiler" which you should be able to click to unfold the spoiler material..

Spoiler: ShowHide
Pope John II's last words: "pope sled"

if it works, start to use it. of course you can still do the white text thing if you want to be lame,.
under the paving stones.

Fernando

SPOILER!!!!!!!!!!!

still not working!

it displays a msg that says I dont have perission to use it.

Pubrick

ok that's bullshit.

forget i said anything folks!

we really need an upgrade to the board.
under the paving stones.

polkablues

My house, my rules, my coffee

Stefen

I'd just like to say the news headlines highlighting what new and old threads are hot, which films deserve to be talked about and just headlines keeping us up with xixax are fantastic. Only beef is that you have to wait and watch for them to say something new instead of refreshing your browser. Also, implement it for people who have their xixax bookmark set to new replies/posts only.

I watch it everytime I come to xixax and it always delivers.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Pas

Yeah it's great. I love that new thing too.

This one though I gotta question : ''Better late than never: Mother and Caché still two of the best films of the 2000s. (But not really)''

Mother came out like 2 days before 2010 dudes.

Pubrick

After listening to your incessant whining feedback and analysing xixax trends we have decided to introduce THREE new director forums and one upgrade!

You will now be able to delve into all the minute details and niche discussions to be found in the following new categories:

Terrence Malick
You asked for it, we thought sure why not, and so here it is! Let's make the most of his current resurrection.

Christopher Nolan
He might have just peaked but right now he is the most talked about director on the forums and his future releases will provide ample speculation and theorizing, we're pretty sure.

Pixar
This was a long time coming. The most consistent and creative collective of genius filmmakers to grace the film world with amazing works of art since Kubrick cloned himself and single handedly ghost-directed the entire golden era of 70s American cinema. It happened.

and we've made a logical upgrade to Spielberg's forum with the addition of James Cameron and Peter Jackson. Notably missing: George Lucas.

You will also notice that we have disbanded the Three Amigos.. aka The Three Amigwho?s cos no one was talking about them, and frankly it wasn't your fault since there was nothing talk about.

Enjoy the new forums, as always their success depends on your input.
under the paving stones.

Stefen

Does anyone know how to make it where, when you quote a post, it brings you to a new page instead of just adding the quote to the quick reply? It's a pain in the ass to have to copy the quote  and choose reply instead of it doing it on its own.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

polkablues

You can get rid of quick-reply altogether under Look & Layout Preferences in your profile. Set it to "don't show at all". Then hitting the quote button will work the way you want it to.

polkablues

Xixax was down all morning, but it seems to be back to normal now.  No concrete confirmation as to what caused the outage, but if I were to venture a guess, it was because you touch yourself at night.

ono

Sleepless

I freaked out and thought work had blocked it.
He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

MacGuffin

Like a high class hooker, it's time to pay up for services rendered. So please, put some hush money on the dresser of your web site pimp, if you can. No donation too small.

Thank you!
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

polkablues