Know Your Xixax: Donation begging and site news

Started by Xixax, December 02, 2006, 08:52:14 PM

MacGuffin

Apologies for today's strange events. Apparently we were hacked. Redirects went to makerealcashnow. Hopefully we are now rid of all this by making necessary security upgrades. Our most sincere thanks to Michael Wilson (previous xixax.com owner) for his help and continued support.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Stefen

I didn't know what the fuck to do. I sat here just refreshing for literally 8 hours, 27 minutes and 13 seconds. Refresh after refresh after refresh.

I finally went outside and played catch with my son to get my mind off of it.

I had so many interesting things to say and now I can't remember any of them. Gotta start writing shit down.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

cine

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Reinhold

i think we should do the guess-the-movie-by-the-poster game for money. is that legal?
Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

Stefen

Some of the taglines to the forums are excellent. I particularly like The boy who refuses to cast Will Smith as Abe Lincoln.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Tictacbk

Is anyone else having trouble getting to the homepage when using Chrome?

MacGuffin

That time we all hate has come again: Getting on our hands and knees and asking for any extra cash you can spare for a donation to help keep xixax alive for another year. Any amount will be welcome.

Thank you.

http://xixax.com/donations.php
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

modage

I gave $10.  Please do the same, everyone!
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Reinhold

Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

Stefen

Donated. Xixax has got me through some tough times.

MacGuffin

We won't know if current films will be remembered in 20 years if we don't keep xixax going!

Many thanks to all who have opened their wallets so far.

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

Half-way there. Any spare change is appreciated.

Skeleton FilmWorks

Bethie

Quote from: Stefen on March 08, 2010, 02:40:59 AM
Donated. Xixax has got me through some tough times.

i donated in your name. happy birthday.
who likes movies anyway

Stefen