Hung

Started by modage, June 30, 2009, 03:32:14 PM

modage

New HBO Show.
Alexander Payne directed the pilot.
Thomas Jane has a big dick.
It wasn't bad.
True Blood still sucks.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Stefen

Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

SiliasRuby

it was just okay.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

cine

i'll try this out for a couple more episodes. it was more interesting than True Blood.

the bigger question: what's happening to HBO?

polkablues

HBO is making crappy shows while AMC is making the best shows on television.  The highest grossing movie in theaters right now is a sequel of a movie based on a set of childrens' toys from the '80s.  The United States has a president named "Barack Obama".  What a fascinating new world we live in.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Bethie

middle-aged, divorced, broke, gigolo. my kind of man. I'm watching.
who likes movies anyway

Kal

I just watched this. Not a very strong pilot but I will continue watching to see what happens.

Stefen

Wake me up when he shows his big bright shining star.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

SiliasRuby

My Collection

Bethie

This show plays it too safe. You're on HBO! why so safe? I've seen Shakira videos that were more risque.
who likes movies anyway

SiliasRuby

You are right, too tame for my taste.

My Collection

cine

whattt?

dunno where all the hate comes from. am i the only one who thought the first season was really fun to watch? loved the dueling pimps, the drama between ray and his ex and her drama with her loser husband. i think this show is just warming up. season 2 is gonna be an, uh, explosion.

Bethie

shut up. i watched every single episode. its fun, yeah. but for kids. i also think i could be a pimp.
who likes movies anyway

SiliasRuby

I think you are right Cinephile and I did enjoy the series immensely. Let me clarify or take back what I said. It is tame but that's only because I was expecting something a little more violent and visceral. Its under-whelming in the most positive and realistic way.

My Collection

cine

yeah, but of course you would expect violence.