Best Debut Film: ME AND YOU AND EVERYONE WE KNOW

THE NOMINEES

The 40 Year Old Virgin
Capote
Crash
Junebug
Me and You and Everyone We Know

modage

i really would've thought Kiss Kiss Bang Bang could've ATLEAST made it into this category over Crash.   :yabbse-undecided:
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Gamblour.

Well at least Brick will win next year.
WWPTAD?

Pubrick

under the paving stones.

life_boy

Quote from: modage on April 18, 2006, 07:35:40 AM
i really would've thought Kiss Kiss Bang Bang could've ATLEAST made it into this category over Crash.   

Especially considering that neither Crash nor Capote are debut features for Paul Haggis (Red Hot, 1993) or Bennett Miller (The Cruise, 1998).

squints

This is the only one I really wanted to see win.
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

Redlum

I finally saw this over the weekend and I'm very glad it won over my actual nomination.
\"I wanted to make a film for kids, something that would present them with a kind of elementary morality. Because nowadays nobody bothers to tell those kids, \'Hey, this is right and this is wrong\'.\"
  -  George Lucas

MacGuffin

Quote from: life_boy on April 18, 2006, 11:56:19 AMEspecially considering that neither Crash nor Capote are debut features for Paul Haggis (Red Hot, 1993) or Bennett Miller (The Cruise, 1998).

We went with the ruling that it had to have a theatrical release (Haggis), and was a not a doc (Miller).
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Very happy with this turnout.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

for petes sake

yuck...i really didnt like this film.

Alexandro

the crash nomination was laughable...and then comes redemption.