Roger Ebert

Started by filmcritic, June 18, 2003, 11:33:11 AM

Sleuth

I like to hug dogs

picolas

Whatever happened to the rumour he was killed in a motorcycle accident and Roeper replaced him shortly after the Ebert look-alike competition and that's why they never go on tour anymore?

MacGuffin

Quote from: SleuthEven his voice changed

Some people are just late bloomers.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Chest Rockwell

pete

he looks like an old harry potter.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Pubrick

under the paving stones.

The Silver Bullet

God, he doesn't look like he's melting; he looks like he's damned near dying...

:?
RABBIT n. pl. rab·bits or rabbit[list=1]
  • Any of various long-eared, short-tailed, burrowing mammals of the family Leporidae.
  • A hare.
    [/list:o][/size]

ono

He DID have an operation to have his thyroid gland removed a while back, you know.  I think he had some paralysis in his cheek which caused it to look like that.  So like, give the guy a break or something.

Myxo

hedwig

Pubrick

i don't care much for Girl 6, so, i dunno what to tell ya. Beyond the Valley of the Dolls, however, is quite alright by me.

i never went to ebert for black-feminist-cultural sophistication, didn't know that was a requirement for film critics. sumtimes he doesn't know what he's talking about, his star system sucks, and his commentaries are great.. that much i know.
under the paving stones.

grand theft sparrow

Roger Ebert lost what little credibility he had left when he wrote these words:

"Is 'Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban' as good as the first two films? Not quite."

©brad

whats wrong with that?

whatever. ebert is good.

modage

Quote from: hacksparrowRoger Ebert lost what little credibility he had left when he wrote these words:

"Is 'Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban' as good as the first two films? Not quite."
yeah, whats wrong with that?  he doesnt feel the need to automatically judge 3 as better because it was directed by someone with credibility like a lot of other people.  it SEEMS like it should be better because it has a better director, and has some better camerawork, acting and more adult themes but its still a bit of a mess of storytelling.  why cant the first two be better?
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.