Roger Ebert

Started by filmcritic, June 18, 2003, 11:33:11 AM

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Kal

He kinda looks like Mrs. Doubtfire

SiliasRuby

The guy in the background with his mouth open seems a bit too excited.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

Finn

it's gonna be weird when Ebert dies cuz they'll have to get somebody who's even less popular than Roeper. but that's not to knock Ebert or Roeper, they're great. I actually agree with Roeper more than I do Ebert usually.
Typical US Mother: "Remember what the MPAA says; Horrific, Deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words."

Ravi

Quote from: SiliasRubyThe guy in the background with his mouth open seems a bit too excited.

"That jacket is FRIKKIN AWESOME!!!!"

squints

So ebert was the first critic to win a pulitzer prize for his criticism...of what movie? what won it for him? was it just his overall work or one specific review or article?

Ebert makes me long for the days when fox has a show on called....that's right....The Critic
Ebert and Sherman, that would've been much better
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

Finn

ebert and siskel were on that show for one episode. it was pretty funny
Typical US Mother: "Remember what the MPAA says; Horrific, Deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words."

Ravi

Quote from: Finnebert and siskel were on that show for one episode. it was pretty funny

They even sang.

Fernando

Roger Ebert's Chicago Townhouse.

Found here.

When he shows the shelve of movies that are pretty good, which box set can you see?

Gold Trumpet

I saw Kubrick collection, dreyer box set and orphic trilogy (last two criterion editions). But, its an impressive lay out. I always knew I'd be jealous of his set up.

JG

Alexandro

He's a great critic but his David Lynch reviews are some of the stupidest things I've ever read....specially the blue velvet and the elephant man...

Myxo

Quote from: AlexandroHe's a great critic but his David Lynch reviews are some of the stupidest things I've ever read....specially the blue velvet and the elephant man...
If he doesn't get it, he won't give it a favorable review.

Ebert should just come out and say "I didn't get it" and move on.

life_boy

Lately he seems to get everything.  What's with all the 4 star and 3 1/2 star reviews?  He's always been a little generous but it's getting ridiculous.

cowboykurtis

Quote from: Myxo
Quote from: AlexandroHe's a great critic but his David Lynch reviews are some of the stupidest things I've ever read....specially the blue velvet and the elephant man...
If he doesn't get it, he won't give it a favorable review.

Ebert should just come out and say "I didn't get it" and move on.

Have you read the review for Blue Velvet?

He completely got the film - he just really really wishes it was something else.

He's so critical beacuse his response to certain parts were so positive, that he hated the movie for not continuing down his desired path.

(more or less he loved the parts with rosellini and thought that the satirical tone to lumberton trivailized the darker elements instead of juxtaposing and heightening the effect)
...your excuses are your own...