Roger Ebert

Started by filmcritic, June 18, 2003, 11:33:11 AM

filmcritic

Roger Ebert is a great film critic for the Chicago Sun-Times. You can read his reviews and articles here...

http://www.suntimes.com/index/ebert.html

He also has a television show that is on every week called "Ebert & Roeper". You can hear and see reviews here...

http://tvplex.go.com/buenavista/ebertandroeper/today.html

Ebert has also done commentary on DVD's including "Citizen Kane" and "Dark City".
"You're too kind."
-Richard Roeper

"You're too cruel."
-Roger Ebert

Pubrick

well, at least this troll has an ambitious theme.

kinda like the ultimate newbie. like he was born yesterday, and he's trying to educate us, that's the twist.

u die now troll.
under the paving stones.

Sleuth

I like to hug dogs

Pas

Keener

I can appreciate this brand of humour.
Alabama Film Forum
Uniting film lovers and filmmakers of Alabama

MacGuffin

Well, Mr. filmcritic, you forgot to mention today is his 61st birthday.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

filmcritic

Yes, that's true. I e-mailed him today and wished him a happy birthday. He is 61 and hopefully he'll be around for years to come.
"You're too kind."
-Richard Roeper

"You're too cruel."
-Roger Ebert

MacGuffin

Quote from: mogwaiWhat's his e-mail address, if you don't mind.

thumbs_up @ thumbs_down.com
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

ShanghaiOrange

Last five films (theater)
-The Da Vinci Code: *
-Thank You For Smoking: ***
-Silent Hill: ***1/2 (high)
-Happy Together: ***1/2
-Slither: **

Last five films (video)
-Solaris: ***1/2
-Cobra Verde: ***1/2
-My Best Fiend: **1/2
-Days of Heaven: ****
-The Thin Red Line: ***

dufresne

did roger ebert have a mini stroke recently?  why does his lip droop?
There are shadows in life, baby.

MacGuffin

Quote from: dufresnedid roger ebert have a mini stroke recently?  why does his lip droop?

Effects of his thyroid cancer surgery.

Skeleton FilmWorks

filmcritic

There are some interesting things about him that maybe most of you know already. His favorite movie is "Citizen Kane". He has written a screenplay called "Beyond the Valley of the Dolls". He never prepared to be a film critic when he went to college, but of course he became one. He sees movies just about everyday. He always said that in the most typical day in Chicago, the first movie is at 10, the second movie is a couple of hours later, and the next one is a couple of hours after that. He had to work his way through college because after his father died, his family was tight on cash. He said that he's usually so busy that people will ask him if he wants to go to lunch with them and he says that he hasn't had lunch in 10 years.
"You're too kind."
-Richard Roeper

"You're too cruel."
-Roger Ebert

Pedro

The fuck is the point of this thread?

bonanzataz

Quote from: filmcriticHe has written a screenplay called "Beyond the Valley of the Dolls".

and for that, I love him.

Quote from: Pedro the WombatThe fuck is the point of this thread?

well...?

EDIT: thousandth post... you know what that means...
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

godardian

"Woody reserved special contempt for film critics on television. 'The Chicago morons' was his label for one high-profile pair." - Mia Farrow, What Falls Away.

Way to be diplomatic, Mia!

The nicest thing I can personally think of to say about Ebert's body of work is that it's better than Leonard Maltin's.
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.