Official RADIOHEAD thread

Started by Duck Sauce, January 11, 2003, 05:54:58 PM

Jeremy Blackman

How lovely. The overexposed shots are just beautiful. Makes me want to watch PDL.

Conceptually, this feels like a successor to "Try."

Edit: Added the video to the top of this page for reference.

Alexandro

It's a fantastic piece. I dare to say it would been even more haunting without the music.

Cloudy

Quote from: Lottery on May 06, 2016, 12:35:48 PM
Quote from: Just Withnail on May 06, 2016, 11:59:18 AMSo nice to see PTA locations again, with PTA camera moves. It always makes me feel like I'm saying hello to an old friend. Though this was a very brief hello.

Makes me really want to see a present-day PTA flick.

he alluded to how he hopes the next film will be present-day in an interview somewhere after inherent vice-- can't remember where. it only makes sense.

can't stop watching this. the blues. i love the blues.

ono

Album called A Moon Shaped Pool.  Track listing:

Burn the Witch
Daydreaming
Decks Dark
Desert Island Disk
Ful Stop
Glass Eyes
Identikit
The Numbers
Present Tense
Tinker Tailer Soldier Sailor Rich Man Poor Man Beggar Man Thief
True Love Waits

It looks like it's available now via Google Play.

EDIT: ...was.  By the time I redeemed my Google Play card it was gone.  56 minutes!

Drenk

Ascension.

cronopio2

Glass Eyes.

it's beautiful :')

Pedro

This album is fantastic.  The songwriting is very accessible, folky at times, but the orchestration on each track adds complexity, both texturally and harmonically.  I can't imagine a tour without some sort of string ensemble...

What a great day. 

Lottery

Yeah, a lot of it comes off both accessible and quite challenging. Very dense and atmospheric. And a surprising overall 60s/70s chamber rock/pop krautrock feel to the album. Definitely wasn't anticipating this. It's not easy to point at a reference point amongst their albums but it has elements from everything OKC and onwards. I think it's superb.

Alexandro

It's a blast from start to finish. Radiohead has the most elegant compositions, this is their signature for me, and here it's just wall to wall high fucking style. It takes you to another world. I could never really get into King of Limbs, but now I'm back on the ship fully. Wanna listen to it non stop.

jenkins

i mean, fuck, it's Star Wars imagined as James Bond with the Radiohead Spectre song. internet, what up

http://vimeo.com/165592795

Fuzzy Dunlop

I could go on about the PTA video, its pretty stunning I think. Seeing Thom's tired face through Paul's lens, doing what he's done with so many of his actors over the years, letting them walk through a space while we watch and wonder, was very moving to me. I've been a superfan of both of these two for such a long time, and watching them age ahead of me, having a sense of their journeys both personally and artistically, I dont know, this just really struck me. I was rushing around for work that day, between offices, in and out of buildings, and when the video hit I locked myself in my office and put on my headphones and just sat still and watched and was hit so hard by it. How many doors have I walked through in this life; how many more will there be? How much of life is spent just rushing or wandering through spaces, trying to get to the next thing? What could there possibly be at the end beyond a long, cold lonely climb toward death, with hopefully a bit of warmth and comfort waiting at the end. Brought me back to the epiphanic moment in OK Computer: "Idiot, slow down"

The new album is gorgeous. I'm still digesting, but its up there with their best work, unquestionably. For them to release an album like that at this point in their life is a very special thing. There is something that feels a bit "final" about it, which is sad, but if this is the note they want to go out on I would understand completely.

There's an article in the AV Club today about radiohead's internet fandom and the rise and fall of fansites in general. So strange to think I've been checking some version of this message board for what, 16 years at this point? Since it was the OG PTA board. Every day there was a new post was a good day. I read every fucking interview like it was gospel. There was something amazing about being an uberfan in the early aughts, I'm very grateful for having had a place to fuel my passion for the artists I loved and film and music and art in general.

http://pitchfork.com/features/article/9890-internet-explorers-the-curious-case-of-radioheads-online-fandom/

tpfkabi

I don't remember if that article mentioned a website called Fake Plastic Trees.
I think it was black background with colored writing.
I would read about every b-side and unreleased song on there. I have forgotten a lot of the info probably.
I definitely remember Lift when it was teased before the album. It was said to have almost have been the lead single for OK Computer and at one time I saw an attempted music video for it, I think?
Capitol Records had a messageboard, too, also around the time Coldplay put out Parachutes. It had all their artists, Sparklehorse. I signed up somewhere with Capitol and they sent me the coolest stuff around the time Amnesiac came out - who knows I may have posted this story years ago in the thread, but i don't want to re-read it now.
Out of the blue I got this package with this wooden hand painted picture of the Cap Recs building. They sent me the College EP which had some of the b-sides on it and some stickers. I think at a separate time they sent me this cool picture of the Minotaur advertising Amneisac. I also have a live photo/poster advertising the IMBW Live EP that I think they sent me? I don't remember how I got it.
And then recently the band mailed out those postcards to people in the UK for Burn the Witch.
Oh yeah, I just remembered the sticker sheets with the band as South Park characters.
I probably won't really listen to the album until I get the CD copy next month, so I can hear it in my usual fashion.
Yeah, it was fun to go on the Radiohead.com  back in the day and see the Blue people - the band or their staff.
A lot of the people on there were just crazy.
I could not visit it for a year and go back and the same kind of shenanigans and vibe would be there.
It all extended from the band from the most part. Thom would write that weird stuff. Well, it was all over the maze type website you kept clicking on endlessly.
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

N

One of Jonny's best solos at the end of Identikit.

Drenk

I see them Monday and Tuesday. I've never seen them. And I'm absolutely crazy about them. :oops:
Ascension.