What Did You Think Of Matrix Revolutions?

Started by Cathartic Cleansing, October 15, 2003, 01:11:30 PM

coffeebeetle

QuoteI want to know how The oracle plans on Seeing neo agai.

Me too.  He is DEAD after all.....
more than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. one path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. the other, to total extinction. let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.
woody allen (side effects - 1980)

markums2k

I thought it was interesting that there were no humans in the matrix at the end, only programs.

Banky

just because the didnt show any dosent mean there werent any there

markums2k

Well, you're 100% right... but it's all the same to the audience.  I didn't see any, so are they there?  Maybe.  Just an observation.  I meant to say: "I didn't see any."  It looks like I'm stating that they weren't there at all, which is not what I meant.

MacGuffin

Quote from: markums2kI think it's obvious that Neo has everything to do with destroying Smith, and not the machines or the Oracle.  Neo somehow cancels out Smith, and the positive/negative thing is the best way I've seen it explained so far.

If you notice The Oracle's earrings, they are ying and yang.

Quote from: BankyI want to know how The oracle plans on Seeing neo agai.

I believe she's talking about seeing "The One" again. Probably not in Keanu's 'shell', but The Architect cannot funtion the Matrix without "The One"...Or she could have told Sati what she needed to hear.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

markums2k

Quote from: MacGuffinIf you notice The Oracle's earrings, they are ying and yang.

What significance do you think that has?  Is it a simple reference to the relationship between Neo and Smith, or do you think it points to something that Neo and the 'Oracle Smith' share?

MacGuffin

Quote from: markums2k
Quote from: MacGuffinIf you notice The Oracle's earrings, they are ying and yang.

What significance do you think that has?  Is it a simple reference to the relationship between Neo and Smith, or do you think it points to something that Neo and the 'Oracle Smith' share?

I believe it's just a subtle reference to what she tells Neo about Smith being his negative/opposite. Same as the "Mobil" Avenue train station being an anagram for "Limbo". Just something in the background that unconsiously relates.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

SHAFTR

well, so I saw this film last night.

SPOILERS

Now, I must say...there were moments in the film, and overall I was entertained.  Outside of that, you guys talk about being moved, etc...well I laughed with Trinity died.  That scene was so drawn out, I mean "kiss me, kiss me"; give me a fuckin' break.  The attack on Zion was very cool, but again I don't think the viewer had enough stock invested in the secondary characters to really care what happens to them.  Fifteen minutes of screentime over 3 movies isn't enough for me to really care if you die/live.  Although I'm going to compare this to a movie that I love, it is meant as an insult.  I was expecting something moving, important.  Instead, I got Starship Troopers.  It was laughable, the difference is Starship Troopers was meant to be.  I also think it is ridiculous that the whole movie is pretty straight lined everything clear and than during the finale (as they did in Reloaded) they throw some ambiguity in there.  I couldn't help but feel that the ambiguity had no purpose but to attempt to answer questions that they couldn't do very well as filmmakers.  The dialogue, man...it was bad.  I was half expecting a line about sand and how it gets everywhere.  Even the editing was pretty pour, line/cut/line/cut/line/cut; very few reaction shots.  I'm sick of all the praise of the Wachowski Brothers, The Matrix was excellent, they were given unlimited budget to make 2 more movies and blew it.

SPOILERS END

If you are looking for a few hours of entertainment, go see Matrix Revolutions. If you are looking for something great, an event, something more than entertainment....look elsewhere.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

Newtron

MacGuffin knows, all's not just a MacGuffin.

mutinyco

This sorry lump of shit has a 36% on Rotten Tomatoes. That's fresher than it deserves.
"I believe in this, and it's been tested by research: he who fucks nuns will later join the church."

-St. Joe

Newtron

Quote from: mutinycoThis sorry lump of shit has a 36% on Rotten Tomatoes. That's fresher than it deserves.
Yeah well you don't like anything so it's no wonder your site is mercifully dead.

Banky

hahahaha

I saw P is posting again.  thats good to see.

mutinyco

Newtron, I expect I've achieved more on that site in one year than you will throughout whatever career you choose. It still won't change the fact that this film was downright incompetent.
"I believe in this, and it's been tested by research: he who fucks nuns will later join the church."

-St. Joe

Kal

No need to make a big deal if some people agree or disagree... some people like to jerk off thinking of Yoda and some people just like StarWars to entertain themselves... same with The Matrix... let everyone have their own opinion without criticism and without thinking that your point of view is the correct one...

I liked the movie but at first I felt empty... I though about it for many hours until I understood some final details and started to understand also why they took some decisions... you have to be in the place of the people who make the movie and see why they did such a thing and not different...

Also, everyone can talk so fast that it was crap but nobody gives an alternative or a way that it could be better... its just nonsense...

NEON MERCURY

..earlier i thought the matrix trilogy is/was whack...but not any more  i think it fine....and a worthy franchise/trilogy, etcc.......its good.

but I thoink what prevents it from getting the next levellis that fact that after the sucess of the first one they slapped the last two together rushing out an unfinishes/unpolished product to cash $$$$$$$$$$$ in....
they could never top the first ones's "fresh-ness"(for lack of a better word)..

If they filmakers made each one at a time I think the "critical" response to them would have been much better.....
or go with the lord of the rings way and make ALL AT ONCE.but i know that costs mad money that way to do so ....

i ;m just speculating not hating..... 8)