John C. Reilly

Started by ono, April 05, 2004, 07:59:13 PM

El Duderino

Quote from: ThrindleHe broke my heart in The Good Girl.  He was just so pathetic....

....and hilarious
Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

Stefen

- John C. Reilly has dropped out of Lars Von Trier's Dogville sequel
Manderlay after he learned a donkey was to be slaughtered for the
movie.  He's been replaced by Zeljko Ivanek (Dancer in the Dark). (EW)
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

cine

Quote from: Stefen- John C. Reilly has dropped out of Lars Von Trier's Dogville sequel
http://www.xixax.com/viewtopic.php?p=137633#137633

Stefen

Quote from: 50 Centiphile
Quote from: Stefen- John C. Reilly has dropped out of Lars Von Trier's Dogville sequel
http://www.xixax.com/viewtopic.php?p=137633#137633

yeahhhh yeahh ye....
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

MacGuffin

Reilly Uses Acting 'Power' for Good

Actor John C. Reilly suspects he could use his craft for good or evil. "As an actor, there are plenty of opportunities to con people once you develop the talent," Reilly, 39, told the San Francisco Chronicle on Sunday. "So I've always viewed using my talent, or whatever you call it, in that way as flirting with the dark side of things. I've always resisted the impulse to take advantage of people."

Reilly, whose credits include "The Perfect Storm" and "Boogie Nights," got to do a lot of thinking about the distinction between acting and lying in his latest movie, "Criminal." He plays a con man.

"He thinks the laws of civilization don't apply," Reilly says of his character Richard Gaddis, a fast-talking, small-time schemer. "So it was a lot of fun to play someone like that for 12 hours a day, and then you go take your costume off and get in your car and you have to remember, 'No, you better start following the law now.'"

In December, in Martin Scorsese's "The Aviator" he'll star with Leonardo DiCaprio, with whom he worked in "Gangs of New York" and "What's Eating Gilbert Grape."

"Everyman" is a term that's often applied to Reilly, and he embraces it. "I'm from Chicago, from a very humble and working-class neighborhood," he says. "Those are my people. So if I have an everyman quality, I'm really proud of it. I am an everyman."
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

hedwig

I saw the Aviator trailer and Reilly's face on the big screen just made me laugh out loud for some reason.

meatball

Quote from: HedwigI saw the Aviator trailer and Reilly's face on the big screen just made me laugh out loud for some reason.

Why??

Why does Reilly have such cinematic power just in his face alone?!  :shock:

Sleuth

http://www.theonionavclub.com/feature/index.php?issue=4037
Onion AV Club interview, a good chunk is concerning PTA as well
I like to hug dogs

hedwig

No, it is his cinematic power. I think also his face reminds of all of his roles in other films -- or shit like his dancing in Boogie Nights or his "i know three types of karate" thing.

I don't know. he's just funny. i think...?

meatball

I wouldn't mind having a face like his.

ono

Reilly will be on Leno tonight (12/8).

Myxo

I'll be in New York City from 5/27 - 6/1 to catch a Red Sox/Yankees series and just bought tickets to see "Streetcar Named Desire" with John C. Reilly and Natasha Richardson. Thought anyone in the area might like to know about the show. Love the film and it'll be the first stage production that I've seen Reilly in.

From the Roundabout:

Set against the steamy backdrop of New Orleans' gritty French Quarter, A Streetcar Named Desire is the dramatic story of Blanche Du Bois, a faded Southern belle driven to madness by her animalistic brother-in-law, Stanley Kowalski.

Natasha Richardson (Blanche Du Bois) returns to Roundabout Theatre Company having received a 1993 Tony nomination for Best Actress in a Play for her performance as "Anna Christopherson" in the Tony Award-winning Anna Christie and a 1998 Tony Award for Best Actress in a Musical for her performance as "Sally Bowles" in the Tony-winning revival of Cabaret.

John C. Reilly (Stanley Kowalski) returns to Broadway after last appearing in the critically-lauded production of True West (Tony nomination). His film work includes Chicago, The Perfect Storm, Magnolia, Boogie Nights, Hard Eight, The Thin Red Line and What's Eating Gilbert Grape?

For tickets or more information, click here..[/color]

meatball

Wow, that sounds promising.

Cecil

ive heard hes been making a few guest appearences in some dreams for extra cash.

Stefen

dead donkeys dream of electric reillys and shit.