david garza

Started by pete, August 07, 2004, 12:02:04 PM

pete

do many people listen to this guy?  he's another great Austin-based musician, rock dude with a guitar.  I saw him performing a solo acoustic set last night and he was amazing.  he could wail as good as Jeff Buckley (a bit more raspy) and went crazy on the guitar, just by himself.  give this guy a try.  He's also extremely versatile, could do the Blues, some jazz, some funk, and even some bossa nova.  I don't know why he's not bigger, he's catchy and he's intelligent, and he's not pretentious (even though the new "sound" he's been playing around with might turn some people off), it was one of the best things I've ever seen.

Check out Too Much,  Discoball World, Slave, Float Away from his This Euphoria album.  Or his older stuff like Cold Samba.  Or newer songs. I dunno.  just download discoball world.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

pete

goto www.davidgarza.com right now and download his latest EP.
- Buster Keaton

Sleuth

Pete has been sending me David Garza songs for some time, and now I have this EP of his.  He is really good and he rhymes a lot and is fun and has a lot of really good ideas.  There's probbaly at least one song you'll like from that EP, they're all pretty different.
I like to hug dogs

Pubrick

Quote from: Sleuthhe rhymes a lot
that's a good song.
under the paving stones.

bigperm

I've seen him many times, great musician, this euphoria and overdub are great.
Safe As Milk

Gamblour.

Downloaded the EP. Troubador was great. The more electronic he gets, the worse he gets, it seems. But he gets major fucking points for saying: "YYZs, Tom Sawyers".
WWPTAD?

cecilia

Yeah, he's pretty great.  I've been familiar with him since '91 or '92 because I grew up in his neck of the woods.  This Euphoria and Overdub are recommended but the Strange Mess of Flowers box set also is a can't miss if you like either the two major label releases.  

Any chance you have to see him live, go for it.  He's not the sort of guy that you have to be familiar with to enjoy either.  In fact, you may enjoy him the most if you aren't very familiar with him.
I just met a wonderful new man. He's fictional but you can't have everything.

Sleuth

Hey pete, did you know he has a new EP on his site that has very pretty songs?
I like to hug dogs

there's a newer free ep up at his dot com. thank you, David Garza.
context, context, context.

pete

he gave me his number and we hung out briefly when I was out in LA.  rideshare on craigslist does wonders.
- Buster Keaton

pete

just got summer songs six.  so good!
- Buster Keaton

pete

dudes, please goto davidgarza.com to download his most recent EP.  so good.
- Buster Keaton

pete

anyone in new york free on monday night the 7th?  I'm going to mercury lounge to see him.  please come one come all.  david and I are going out for noodles afterwards I think and it should be a huge noodle party.  Cute girls will be there too.  C'mon, internet friends + cute girls + awesomest live music ever.
- Buster Keaton