August

Started by Kal, July 20, 2008, 01:12:20 AM

Kal

Plot: August centers on two brothers fighting to keep their start-up company afloat on Wall Street during August 2001, a month before the 9/11 terrorist attacks.

Starring: Josh Hartnett, Emmanuelle Chiriqui, Rip Torn, Adam Scott, Naomie Harris and David Bowie

Directed by: Austin Chick

----

So anybody here seen or even heard of this? It was at Sundance this year. It just opened in very limited release a few weeks ago. I could not find it in theaters, but I was able to get a DVD copy of it. I was very curious for a couple of reasons. One is that I was myself involved with publicly traded online companies that went through the crisis. Second is that I have a script that I have been writing for a few years related to those experiences I had.

Josh Hartnett is surprisingly good in this, and although the film has a lot of issues that I did not like, it's very well done and the script is very original. It has a lot of truth. I went through a lot of the phases and moments the main character went, not only dealing with himself and the company, but his partners, girlfriend, parents, etc.

If you are interested in business related films I really recommend this.