Mirror, Mirror

Started by MacGuffin, November 15, 2011, 07:50:04 PM

MacGuffin

Trailer

Release Date: March 16th, 2012 (wide)

Starring: Julia Roberts, Lily Collins, Armie Hammer, Nathan Lane, Sean Bean

Directed by: Tarsem Singh

Premise: When Snow White's beauty wins the heart of the prince that she desperately pursues, the Queen banishes her to the forest, where a ravening man-eating beast hungrily awaits. Rescued by a band of diminutive highway robbers, Snow White grows into an indomitable young woman determined to take back her realm from the treacherous Queen.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

pete

why is this a trend? who thought it was a good idea?
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Ravi

"Say hello to my little friend," seriously??? Is anyone else sick of post-modern, irreverent fairy tale movies? Thanks, Shrek.

I was hoping for something more Tarsemesque. But if this and Immortals allows him to make another The Fall, more power to him.

Jeremy Blackman

Lily Collins aside, this is horrifying.

They just put the worst parts in the trailer, right?

RegularKarate

Quote from: Jeremy Blackman on November 15, 2011, 09:39:09 PM
They just put the worst parts in the trailer, right?

I would like to think that, but some of the scenes they used seem to be part of longer, worse scenes.
Case in point, when the dwarves show up, they seem to be bumping into each other Three Stooges style.

This is awful.

Ravi

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/alan-menken-mirror-mirror-271563

Alan Menken to Compose Score for Relativity's Snow White Film 'Mirror Mirror'
The composer was behind the scores and songs from 1990s classic Disney animated movies including "The Little Mermaid."
4:12 PM PST 12/8/2011 by Borys Kit

Alan Menken, the man behind the scores and songs from early 1990s classic Disney animated movies such as The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast and Aladdin, has been tapped to compose the score for Relativity's Snow White project Mirror Mirror.

Menken is an eight-time Oscar winner for his musical work, which also includes Pocahontas, Hercules, The Hunchback of Notre Dame and more recently Tangled. Among his live-action work are Little Shop of Horrors and Newsies. He worked with lyricists Howard Ashman and Stephen Schwartz on many of the acclaimed songs.

"Despite my love of musicals, of both the stage and film variety, my most intense composing experience actually comes from scoring a movie," said Menken in Relativity's announcement. "The contained period of time when I spend my days and nights living within every fraction of a second of a motion picture is an exquisite combination of being totally at the service of a director's vision and yet in a powerful position to influence and interpret the meaning of the film.

Tarsem Singh is directing the movie, which stars Julia Roberts and Lily Collins and opens March 16, 2012.