Let the flaming begin

Started by Weak2ndAct, May 01, 2003, 01:29:37 AM

picolas

Quote from: sphinxi was sworn to secrecy on the meaning

Redlum

Quote from: MacGuffin
Quote from: MImagine the grande finale when Lena has to return home to her own planet......................?

"Be good, Barry."

Oh yes. And then instead of the rainbow jet trail the spaceship leaves in ET, the craft can flood the sky with Jeremy Blake artwork.
\"I wanted to make a film for kids, something that would present them with a kind of elementary morality. Because nowadays nobody bothers to tell those kids, \'Hey, this is right and this is wrong\'.\"
  -  George Lucas

Just Withnail

Link posted this in another tread, but since he hasn't re-posted it here, I thought I'd spark this ridicolous conversation up again  :wink:

Check out chapter twelve  :-D  Probably means nothing, but it cracked me up  :P

chainsmoking insomniac

"Ernest Hemingway once wrote: 'The world's a fine place, and worth fighting for.'  I agree with the second part."
    --Morgan Freeman, Se7en

"Have you ever fucking seen that...? Ever seen a mistake in nature?  Have you ever seen an animal make a mistake?"
 --Paul Schneider, All the Real Girls

bonanzataz

god that dvd set looks delicious.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Mesh

Lena: AL(i)EN

Leonard: Nimoy?

Mesh

Quote from: Withnail

Check out chapter twelve...

And Chapter 2.

EL__SCORCHO

Quote from: WithnailLink posted this in another tread, but since he hasn't re-posted it here, I thought I'd spark this ridicolous conversation up again  :wink:

Check out chapter twelve  :-D  Probably means nothing, but it cracked me up  :P

are you female?

MacGuffin

Okay, so I noticed something in Chapter 12. Probably nothing, but it is labeled Alien Abduction:

When Barry drops his trash off, the street is dimly lit. After the truck pulls in and the Brothers grab him, a bright overhead spotlight shines down on them. It stays there even after the truck drives off, then it just quickly tilts up. The same kind of spotlight dances around the 99 cent store sign in the next scene.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Pozer

Xixax

Man, I cannot believe my PDL DVD didn't arrive in time for the film festival. Tonight would have been so rich.

Last time I pre-order via Amazon. I tell ya.

I feel like my wife felt when she thought her Harry Potter book wasn't going to arrive on Saturday.

Robbed... Empty...
Quote from: Pas RapportI don't need a dick in my anus to know I absolutely don't want a dick in my anus.
[/size]

chainsmoking insomniac

Kinda weird.  It's not meant to be taken literally though...maybe PTA's trying to say that here are these 'strange=alien" beings entering Barry's world....
I don't know what the fuck I'm talking about.
"Ernest Hemingway once wrote: 'The world's a fine place, and worth fighting for.'  I agree with the second part."
    --Morgan Freeman, Se7en

"Have you ever fucking seen that...? Ever seen a mistake in nature?  Have you ever seen an animal make a mistake?"
 --Paul Schneider, All the Real Girls

BackUpOffMeFoo

Quote from: mogwai's

Sweet screengrab I must say...

My new wallpaper.
Serious?

Victor

from that same scene: watch blossoms and blood. the part where barry looks behind him and says, "99 cents. pudding." that whole shot feels like something out of an alien movie, with the music and the way barry speaks. it adds to these crazy ass conspiracy theories that keep popping up.
are you gonna eat with us too?

BackUpOffMeFoo

Quote from: mogwai's

Colors in that scene rule. Love how the .99 sign is inbetween Sandler and Dave's head. Really funny how he keeps looking up and saying $.99. Like the shot in the deleted scene when the focus goes from Dave... To Nate... To Jim.
Serious?