tackiest/ most shameless movie ever seen?

Started by pete, September 09, 2004, 12:54:43 AM

pete

inspired by the showgirls thread, I'd like to start a thread that lists all the tackiest movies in memory.  cult movies don't count, campy movies don't count either, I want some real tacky movies.

I guess I'll start with showgirls, since it's already there.  and I'd like to list it before the DVDs turn it into an actual cult movie.
daredevil, the "wake me up inside" number really did it for me
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

MacGuffin

Quote from: peteand I'd like to list it before the DVDs turn it into an actual cult movie.

Too late. "Showgirls" is a camp and cult classic. Midnight screenings are held with audience participation (the guy who does the commentary is responsible for that), just like "Rocky Horror."
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

cowboykurtis

...your excuses are your own...

meatball

This really bad, unintentionally hilarious, government commando flick that was playing at 3 am in the morning -- I really wish I could remember the name of it. When the credits rolled, it seemed to be made in Israel. The title was something like American Commandos.

NEON MERCURY

McG is good as being tacky ........and hes doing it on the small screen also...

Ravi

Squeo

UncleJoey

Pretty obvious, but needs to be mentioned.

Well, I've got news for you pal, you ain't leadin' but two things: Jack and shit . . . and Jack just left town.

pete

"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

diggler

I'm not racist, I'm just slutty

grand theft sparrow

Quote from: RaviFreddy Got Fingered

I second that.  

Quote from: ddiggler6280color of night

I once went out with a girl who loved that movie.  I don't talk to her anymore.

Also, I would have to put Basic Instinct up on this list.  Ah, hell, let's just add the entire Paul Verhoeven US filmography, minus RoboCop and Total Recall.

Jeremy Blackman

How can we forget Kevin Costner's THE POSTMAN, featuring the most shameless, pretentious, and unintentionally funny last five minutes ever.

Pubrick

Lost and Delirious, with piper perabo. if u wanna talk about unintentionally hilarious. also coyote ugly, another piper perabo classic.
under the paving stones.

mogwai

i thought LAD was good for various reasons.