BAND OF OUTSIDERS

Started by Rudie Obias, January 08, 2003, 02:28:54 PM

Rudie Obias

i just bought the critirion collection's jean-luc godard's BAND OF OUTSIDERS.  goddamn!  i love this dvd.  the menu alone is worth the purchase.

*rudie*

p.s.
it's cool that i'm the first one to post in this section.  i feel like a real dork!
\"a pair of eyes staring at you, projected on a large screen is what cinema is truly about.\" -volker schlöndorff

Tommy Both

Haha, I felt the same in the PTA section... because probally everybody around is from the ptanderson.com nostalgic & all.....
I ordered LA BANDE APART criterion at 'mon oncle' - who lives in NY - yesterday, 'cause he's supossed to be here next week in Amsterdam ( Vincent, my man from Amsterdam!) but thanks for making a topic about Godard's flick 'cause now I'm droolin' even more  :(

Cecil

lucky bastard!

for some stupid reason i was told that it wouldnt be available in quebec!!! this cant be true!!! must order it from amazon!!!

EDIT: do you guys think my avatar is too big?

Dirk

Quote from: cecil b. dementedlucky bastard!
EDIT: do you guys think my avatar is too big?

It seems OK to me
At wave level, everything exists as a contradiction. Everything is existing in more than one stage/place at any given moment. Everything must move/vibrate and constantly change to exist. Everything, including buildings, mountains, oceans and thoughts.

bonanzataz

These new boards are so big and luxurious that you can have bigass avatars. It doesn't matter anymore.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Gold Trumpet

Band of Outsiders won't be available at all in Canada due to contract restrictions.

~rougerum

Cecil

Quote from: The Gold TrumpetBand of Outsiders won't be available at all in Canada due to contract restrictions.

~rougerum

ahhh man... but i can still order from amazon, right?

Dirk

Quote from: cecil b. demented
ahhh man... but i can still order from amazon, right?

Yeah, just make sure it's amazon.com, not ca. You'll probably have to pay some hefty shipping charges but I guess it's worth it.

EDIT - they actually do have it on amazon.ca. My bad.  :oops:
At wave level, everything exists as a contradiction. Everything is existing in more than one stage/place at any given moment. Everything must move/vibrate and constantly change to exist. Everything, including buildings, mountains, oceans and thoughts.

soixante

I've been watching a lot of Godard the past two weeks.  Vivre Sa Vie (My Life To Live) is available on DVD, and is one of Godard's best films.  It has a very austere, distanced feel, and the compositions are meticulously done (which shows that Godard wasn't merely a shoot-it-on-the-fly cinema verite director).  Petit Soldat is worth looking at, too, merely for the quick cutting.  Le Mepris was good, not as good as some of the others.  I haven't seen Band A Part in a long time, so I'll have to buy it soon.  I think Godard's best films are Breathless, A Married Woman, Alphaville, Weekend, and Vivre Sa Vie.  He did 15 films between 1960 and 1967.  He continues to make films his way, with no regard for the marketplace or for trends.  He's never sold out, unlike a lot of directors.
Music is your best entertainment value.

tpfkabi

how is the Breathless DVD?
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

tpfkabi

no one owns Breathless in DVD form?

Ernie

Quote from: bigideasno one owns Breathless in DVD form?

Fuck yeah I own that sweet freaking movie. The DVD is pretty cool. If you've seen one Fox Lorber DVD, you've pretty much seen them all. I'm not really an expert with transfers but this one seems pretty nice. The sounds seems nice. Everything is nice, the movie fucking rocks.

I got Band of Outsiders too. What a cool movie, what a freaking weird, cool movie.

did anyone felt like taking Madison lessons after watching this movie?
context, context, context.

tpfkabi

yeah, i need to get this. i bought the Fox Lorber My Live to Live and it was amazing........how is the Little Soldier?

......and A Woman is a Woman is likely to be relased by Criterion so says GT